Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Religious Right trying to take over county fair. I made another scene....

AAP said:
You make it sound hard?

Yours? Link up the Clinton, Carter, and Kennedy quotes of God directing them and so forth.

Hurry now.

clinton using god numerous times to help him cope with his lying and cheating
http://www.quotedb.com/speeches/i-have-sinned

"We should carry our lives as christ were coming this afternoon"
-Jimmy Carter

"You can't divorce religious belief and public service. I've never detected any conflict between god's will and my political duty. If you violate one, you violate the other"
-Jimmy Carter

http://www.scribd.com/doc/21112/Quotes-of-Jimmy-Carter

Thereafter, he (carter) traveled to other parts of Georgia and to Pennsylvania and Massachusetts "to witness among people who don't know about Christ." To questioners, he says that in politics he claims no "special relationship" with God. Says Carter: "I don't pray to God to let me win an election, I pray to ask God to let me do the right thing." As Governor, he prayed often, on his knees, in the seclusion of a small private room next to his office.
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,914159-7,00.html

As we face the coming challenge, we, too, shall wait upon the Lord, and ask that he renew our strength. Then shall we be equal to the test. Then, we shall not be weary. And then we shall prevail. Democratic nomination acceptance speech, Los Angeles, July 1960
jfk asking god for victory

Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crises maintain their neutrality
jfk in west germany

I know there is a God - I see the storm coming and I see his hand in it - if he has a place then I am ready - we see the hand.
Subject: American Presidential Quotes jfk

http://www.quotesandpoem.com/quotes/listquotes/author/john-f.-kennedy/1

that's all i have time for now
obivously carter was more religious than either clinton or kenneddy, but i think the point is clear: all presidents use religion to further their politcal ambitions, it is not new or unique to bush

rsnoble-im-back said:
The GOP idea of small gov't is horseshit. You're right. The gov't is now bigger than it ever has been.

I'd like to compare Iraq with the early American Indian. I can guarantee that if there weren't oil in Iraq..........we wouldn't be there.

I seen a live tv broadcast in the early days........someone in the audience asked Rumsfield why we were there. Do you know what his response was?? "Because their sitting on a sea of oil". No shit.

This is a war of "haves" and "have nots". Plain and simply.

A couple of thoughts...

Re: Haves vs. Have Nots... have you read Diamond's book "Collapse" examining why civilization fail? One of the dominant forces tht he points out is depletion of resources and subsequent conflict over getting more resources.

Re: God folks vs. atheists from Jestro... The far right religion freaks are too much but being atheist does not make one a far left winger. I'm atheist but also traditionalist in many ways. Have you read O'Reilley's book "Culture Warrior" examining what he terms secular progressives vs traditionalists? I tend to agree with some of his points regarding attempted breakdown of American society by the S-Ps but disagree that moral character comes from religion and 100% clean living. There is something to be said with the basic tenets of Judeo Christian 10 commandment based system but shouldn;t get mired in all the modern interperptations and corruption of those tenets by orgainized religion. I also prefer a very libertarian goverment that stays out of personal lives, holds inidviduals accountable and responsible for themselves, and protects the US from external and internal attack on us as a whole or as individuals.

the difference is.....no President in the last 60 years has pubicly said "God" told him to invade another country and entangle the United States of America in yet another unpopular, unwinnable war, a war with no direction or target ending date.

if there was ANY justice in this world, both President Bush and his vice-president should be impeached.

Gambino said:
clinton using god numerous times to help him cope with his lying and cheating
http://www.quotedb.com/speeches/i-have-sinned

"We should carry our lives as christ were coming this afternoon"
-Jimmy Carter

"You can't divorce religious belief and public service. I've never detected any conflict between god's will and my political duty. If you violate one, you violate the other"
-Jimmy Carter

http://www.scribd.com/doc/21112/Quotes-of-Jimmy-Carter

Thereafter, he (carter) traveled to other parts of Georgia and to Pennsylvania and Massachusetts "to witness among people who don't know about Christ." To questioners, he says that in politics he claims no "special relationship" with God. Says Carter: "I don't pray to God to let me win an election, I pray to ask God to let me do the right thing." As Governor, he prayed often, on his knees, in the seclusion of a small private room next to his office.
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,914159-7,00.html

As we face the coming challenge, we, too, shall wait upon the Lord, and ask that he renew our strength. Then shall we be equal to the test. Then, we shall not be weary. And then we shall prevail. Democratic nomination acceptance speech, Los Angeles, July 1960
jfk asking god for victory

Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crises maintain their neutrality
jfk in west germany

I know there is a God - I see the storm coming and I see his hand in it - if he has a place then I am ready - we see the hand.
Subject: American Presidential Quotes jfk

http://www.quotesandpoem.com/quotes/listquotes/author/john-f.-kennedy/1

that's all i have time for now
obivously carter was more religious than either clinton or kenneddy, but i think the point is clear: all presidents use religion to further their politcal ambitions, it is not new or unique to bush

Nice try, but not even close to being in context of what this discussion was about. The discussion was not having God in your life or faith in any way. It was about the speaker claiming God directly commits actions or purposes through him.

Clinton? Simply saying that Gods will applies to him as it does to everyone. Quite the opposite of Bush directly inserting himself in the will of God.

Carter #1 - Irrelevant to the discussion. Carter is encompassing an entire spectrum of masses in that statement. Bush is thumping his chest with me, me, me assertions in his.

Carter #2 - Don't even know why you include this one. It bears nothing at all in direct contrast of God/Carter. Rather that is simply a blanket statement of religious context. Try harder.

Carter #3 - You are embarassing yourself Bino. The key word in that paragraph he says that in politics he claims no "special relationship" with God. Kind of opposite of Bush saying God told him to go to war. God told him to run for office, etc... Bush could take a lesson from that statement. You should too.

JFK #1 - notice the "we" in that statement? Contradicts all the "I" that populates Bush's statements. Again, irrelevant comparision as JKF is encompassing masses as a whole, while Bush is singly himself out as direct pipeline to conversations with God.

JFK #2 - Don't see God listed in that statement. Hello? We are talking about presidents claiming that GOD has given them direct instructions. Hello? Reality to thread topic... anyone there?

JFK #3 - see above. Bro, this is getting old. You challenge me on a specifically defined topic and when I produce (easily) my side, you are farting out smoke here that has no bearing on the discussion. You pretty much ended up shafting your own ass this exact same way over that Tillman debate. I would have thought you would have learned better.

A little refresher on what this entire debate between you and I was about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAP
Find one where Clinton, Carter or Kennedy made claims that God speaks to them, God speaks through them, etc...

Bush is just as idiot that tries to appeal to a small narrow minded percentage of the American population. Considering what his "base" consists of, it is no wonder lies are so prominent in the party now.

By Gambino
you find me a quote where bush says what you claim
and i'll match you tit for tat with a dem quote
and apparently the small percentage that you speak of must be rather large, GOP has been in office for how long now? admit it bro, the majority of americans don't agree with your extreme liberal ways

So far you failed to produce a SINGLE quote where any of those Presidents (or any others) have stated that God directly speaks/acts/whatever through them.

Bush :
Gods wants me to be President. (That didn't encompass anyone but Bush did it?)
Gods wanted me to go to war. (Again, God and Bush having Sunday dinner alone and only Bush is the receptient of this conversation)
God decided this country needs me. (Oh really? Bad God, bad God.)

Game over.

Gambino said:
lolololoolololololololol @ "steal oil"
lemme guess, him and his cronies are stashing it all in crawford ?

No, they're stashing it all in the bank accounts of the Carlisle Group and then into the pockets of the shareholders.

I think Gambino puts himself in a holier-than-thou Confusious-esque devil's advocate role no matter what the topic. His snide, underhanded, im-too-smart-for-you remarks and tone in this thread are actually pretty patronizing imo.

I mean the passive agressive way you tried to give rs-noble a life lesson on how to react to someone he didn't like? And then invoking the "do you have kids? would you want them responding to anybody in that fashion?" line. :rolleyes:

4yiqwwj.jpg

LMAO @ bino being pwned by AAP and bino's own words.....:FRlol:

patsfan1379 said:
I think Gambino puts himself in a holier-than-thou Confusious-esque devil's advocate role no matter what the topic. His snide, underhanded, im-too-smart-for-you remarks and tone in this thread are actually pretty patronizing imo.

I mean the passive agressive way you tried to give rs-noble a life lesson on how to react to someone he didn't like? And then invoking the "do you have kids? would you want them responding to anybody in that fashion?" line. :rolleyes:
sorry i should have high fived him for acting like a 5 yr old child
would that make me cool?
and maybe the dude does need a life lesson on how to treat people, he's a fuggin adult for christ sake

Top Bottom