Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Refeeding and Leptin

D00fy: If u have a bad metabolism and you still eat chinese food buffet dont comnplain about getting fat bro! Get real!

who said i was complaing? wtf did u see that as me complaining i could care less about being fat:/

complaining would be REPEATED POST about me bitching about me fat like MissyD:)

Shinobi said:
D00fy: If u have a bad metabolism and you still eat chinese food buffet dont comnplain about getting fat bro! Get real!

Bro. Doofy sticks to a strict diet 99% of the time. IF he goes to a buffet once every couple of months, i think that's great.

yummm buffet <(SMACKS HIMSELF,THE TEMPTATION OF HEARING "BUFFET")> <(BANGS HEAD ON KEYBOARD)> i guess another 4weeks of eating clean i can reward myself again like that

p60 - you want to stay away from fructose because leptin is upregulated due to glucose metabolism, so fructose would just take away from that. Plus, fructose refills liver glycogen and then is just stored as fat.

Some signs of low leptin from my experience:

get cold easily,
hit fatigue earlier in workout (less fat mobilization = less stamina),
never sweat at night (nightsweats = active thyroid, I think),
less morning wood (in my experience),
desire for food > desire for sex (this is definitely not right),
eating less with no weight-loss (T3 correllated with leptin)

To check your metabolism, take your temperature in the morning before getting out of bed. Also, get some blood tests that test for T3 and T4.

It depends on how long your leptin and metabolism has been low, I think. You may need to gain a little bit of weight to really progress w/o losing too much muscle. I think an acceptable length for a diet is 12 weeks maximum. After that, the metabolism usually slows down for the long term. Maybe a refeed will extend this, though.

Anyway, I shouldn't talk, I don't know jack about refeeds, really. The only type of refeed I have experience with is CKD carb-ups.

hey plornive

those tips about knowing if leptin levels seem to be low a good way to know if refeed is needed.........but i dunno what if half the time you dont even crave carbs??? is that a sign of low leptin im getting about 60-100 a day ,depends on the training day........ALSO i do notice no morning wood

i dont sweat at nite cause im in NYC for now,its mad cold !! but in florida i sweat like a donkey :/

hit fatigue in workout hmmm? i do until failure:)

but i was wondering since i found out my bf% today 11.8 from the electrical thing im guessing really 10-12% ,gonna def refeed this weekened ...........what you think of foods such as PANCAKES,WAFFLES,CEREAL,MILK, McDonalds Chicken Fajita??? any suggestions?

plornive ,what were you eating on your carb load days when CKD?

Last edited:
Top Bottom