Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Refeeding and Leptin

acer290 said:
You mean in regards to frequency of refeeds considering the low calories during a refeed?

Good point.

Yes -- I do not want someone doing a 3 day refeed every three days using my 50% above maintenence recommendation, and then concluding that refeeds are dumb because they didn't lose fat.

Par Deus,

I am doing great after incorporating refeeds into my program. I am going 3:1, 2:1, 1:1 low carb:refeed day. I have never been so lean- though energy levels are kind of unstable but to me that's a small price to pay. But for you, I would have never had the insight to refeed and would have inevitably kept cutting calories. Thank you.

Question:
I have wondered about this having read you posts for months on numerous boards;

Why are you so committed to spreading the word about refeeds? It's not as though you are selling any supplements that facilitate them. Is it simply benevolence? Regardless, they work.

psi said:

Why are you so committed to spreading the word about refeeds? It's not as though you are selling any supplements that facilitate them. Is it simply benevolence? Regardless, they work.

No, it is self-interest. Leptin is a huge breakthrough in bodubuilding, and I am one of about 3-5 people who really knows a lot about it, and being thought an "expert" and ahead of the game in something is always good when your company is based on being able to do new and innovative things with bodybuilding science.

Along the same lines, when people ask about refeeds or leptin, my website is where they get sent.

p60 said:

Par Deus,
according to psi, his refeeds did not help recover his energy levels. I thought that was supposed to happen with an increase in leptin. If not, then what is an increase in leptin levels supposed to do for you? does it decrease appetite? Would it prevent my metabolism from shutting down and my body from getting cold all the time?

It is intended to do all of the above, though your description of being cold in the extremeties could be a circulation issue.

As for how it works, you cannot totally trick your body, as bodyfat stores still signal leptin, but you can trick it as far as energy balance is concerned because a lot of the carbohydrates consumed with short-term overfeeding will be oxidized, so they stimulate leptin, but do not provide usable energy, so the signal that you are being fed is sent, even though you do not get to use all of the calories.

Top Bottom