Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Recovery day meal?

bgbay

I'm eating a pretty strict diet, high protein, medium fat and carbs. I'm working pretty hard between the gym, insanity workout and mma.

All that stuff leaves me pretty sore and fatigued, I was wondering, on my recovry day should I eat a lot of a particular food or nutrient to replenish my body?

You should increase your carbs, slightly decrease protein and keep all fats to a minimum as this could interfere with lipolysis. This will boost your leptin levels and will be very beneficial as it is highly anabolic and your recovery will be maximized.

Carbs: 250-300g
Protein: 1.0 x Body Weight
Fats: Bare Minimum (even good fats keep as low as possible)

On recovery days I employ more carbs than usual (around 1g/lb), and keep everything else about the same. I make it a point to eat the healthiest variety of foods I possibly can, to encourage a wide range of macros, micros, vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients. The only fats I would try to consume would be EPA and DHA as they may increase brown fat thermogenesis and even white fat lipolysis.

A typical recovery day diet may include two heads of broccoli, a 12oz bag of spinach, 1L skim milk, 8oz of salmon, 10oz of beef or pork, 10 eggwhites and a yolk, a grilled hemp-heart cheese and tuna sandwich, and a few red peppers, etc. I prefer to keep calories @ TDEE and eat as healthily as possible to encourage recovery, rather than pounding back calories to force tissue regeneration... But my main goals are to increase LBM and decrease visceral fat...

Top Bottom