Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Reasoning behind fast food while bulking (recycled topic ?)

blood_drinker

I see most newbies getting advice for bulking cycles (non steroids) and they get advice like "be sure to eat some fast food to attain your caloric intake for mass".
Now, fast food will just cause fat gain (endomorphs and the like). Most endomorph newbies that gain fat easily are small enough that they can attain their caloric intake with clean foods. If you can do it with clean foods, why the FUCK would you throw in some junk?

Pleasure? Whatever ! Bulking does not equal an excuse to become a fat ass. Be on the watchout if you have been given this advice.......

Anyone disagree with me I'll gladly have you bitch at me.

Take for example, a 70kg individual.

Bulking , a good high caloric estimate for your intake would be 21 x bodyweight in pounds
= 3234cals

I think this can be attained easily with clean foods.

Although i do have to admit, they would need to down a lot of shit, and it's kind of tiring.

The reason behind bulking, is to become stronger.

For example.. Say you are 190 lbs. shredded. You're flat pressing 85lb. dumbbells. Yeah, thats wonderful, but wouldn't you like to be pressing 115 lb. dumbbells to stimulate the muscle more?
I sure as hell would.

Now, if you weight 210 lbs., isn't it true that strength comes with size?Now you are pressing 115 lb. dumbbells instead of 85's, working your chest harder. Do you understand? I hope i made it simple enough for you. Peace little boy

I don't think bloods question was to bulk or not to bulk, but rather why eat fast foods WHILE bulking. There is no nutritional reason to eat fast food, but some people are just not organized and dedicated enough to prepare all their meals in advance, so they want to grab something quick on the run. Not all fast food is 'junk' food either. Also many teenagers (the main "bulking" age group) are also socially involved with a fast food culture, and it's not cool to hang with your friends down at Wendy's while you sit there munching on some egg whites, brown rice and flaxseed oil.

Besides BiggDog, I thought most guys that want to get big do it for reasons of vanity rather than strength. I know some just like to be strong, but a lot seem to just want to be big. I would rather stay 190 and shredded while increasing my flat bench to 115. Kinda like those little squirts at the Olympics that overhead press 3x their bodyweight. Now THAT's impressive.

Fast food will not cause fat gain

anymore than any other kind of food. Calories are calories. While fast food may be more dense in calories, as long as calories are watched, you won't get fat. If you eat more calories than you burn, you gain weight. If you eat less calories than you burn, you lose weight. The calorie intake required to gain weight is different each individual. while some may gain just fine at 21 calories per pound of bodyweight, others have a hard time keeping it on at that level. If you need to eat 5500 calories a day to gain weight, I'm sure a fast food meal would not hurt the cause. Some people put too much emphasis on macronutrient ratios. While its important to get enough protein in your diet, its not hard if you eat 5500 calories a day.

Peace,
Lloyd

whatever big dogg, you make a fool out of yourself by insulting the question when it is you that read wrong.

i'm gonna have to just ignore you from now on, god damn. that was pretty retarded no offence. you flame others when you are the one that didn't even get the question right !! :FRlol:

and yeah i agree with MS's point of view, about the wendy's and eating tuna + brown rice ....

but the nutritional value of the fast food should at least be considered. For example, get a quarter pounder,
I think that's better than say, a big mac ...

if im not mistaken qp has more meat, and less "sauce" crap that has no real nutritional value.

Top Bottom