Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Randy back in the UFC..fighting Lesnar

I think it's awesome that Randy's back, but put him up against brock?? I think the world of Brock, but I don't think he stands a chance.

brock is a fuckin powerhouse .. if he can develop better finishing moves .. he can beat anybody!

Brock is getting the fight because most people don't give a damn about Nog...he's boring. Brock, on the other hand, everyone cares about; some want him to win, some want to see him get destroyed, but damn near everyone CARES one way or the other. And when you care, you buy the PPV. Dana White is no dummy.

It's win-win for Dana. If Brock loses, he's just not quite ready for primetime yet, and Randy goes on to have one more big money fight before his last ever huge money fight against Fedor (this WILL happen, too much money to be made for it not to happen). If Brock wins, he's legitimized as a top heavyweight and draws sick money for many fight to come...and the Fedor-Randy fight is just as big a deal as it ever was.

That's what promoting is all about.

Brock is getting the fight because most people don't give a damn about Nog...he's boring. Brock, on the other hand, everyone cares about; some want him to win, some want to see him get destroyed, but damn near everyone CARES one way or the other. And when you care, you buy the PPV. Dana White is no dummy.

It's win-win for Dana. If Brock loses, he's just not quite ready for primetime yet, and Randy goes on to have one more big money fight before his last ever huge money fight against Fedor (this WILL happen, too much money to be made for it not to happen). If Brock wins, he's legitimized as a top heavyweight and draws sick money for many fight to come...and the Fedor-Randy fight is just as big a deal as it ever was.

hit the nail on the head, great post bro

I'm more of a purist. Why bother having a title if it means nothing? A better fight for Brock would be Cheik Kongo. I think Brock will pull in PPV buys no matter who he fights. I think the UFC shuld also be careful ith overmatching Brock as if he develops a losing record, his "invincible" factor will fade and his fan base will lose interest. They should fluff his record a bit and build momentum for a showdown with Couture.

Perhaps I am looking at this the wrong way though. Couture is 45. How much longer can he perform at the top level? Maybe this is about maximizing Couture's profitablity as his career winds down. Brock is only 31 I think. Brock still has years of fighting left. Brock then Fedor... perhaps that is the strategy.

Could backfire on Dana too...If the fight is over in the first 30 sec of round one, people are gonna be pissed.

I would agree Brock is quite the powerhouse, but he really doesn't have anything else yet. He's an entry level fighter, and should be fighting others in his class. Couture (even tho i don't like him) has way to much skill for Brock.

This is like pacquiao fight with De La Hoya, both fights are money based and not quality matchups... both are trying to draw more crowds then actually revolve around quality matchups... Couture will win, Brock is not ready for this yet, not even close.

This is like pacquiao fight with De La Hoya, both fights are money based and not quality matchups... both are trying to draw more crowds then actually revolve around quality matchups... Couture will win, Brock is not ready for this yet, not even close.

When is the Pacman v. De La Hoya fight? Doesn't De La Hoya usually fight at 154? Has Pac ever fought at 135 even?

I actually see Brock winning this fight. Randy isn't really a dominant fighter in my opinion. He has a 16-8 record and most of his legend was built off of the back and forth fights between him and Chuck. He did dismantle Tim convincingly for a 5 round descision, but I always considered Tim a joke and Fedor just showed us what a truly dominant fighter does with a guy like that.

If Brock wins this fight then a fight between him and Fedor has to happen or I'm going to be really pissed and pray on a nightly basis for Dana White's stupid arrogant ass to burn. They claim that they are all about giving the fans what they want and putting together great cards that never leave the fans dissapointed, well put up or shut up with this shit. Fans don't wanna be denied the opportunity to see great fights between the world's top fighters simply because a few arrogant millionaires that have never broke a sweat in their life can't put their egos and checkbooks aside long enough to make great fights happen.

I'd love to see the collision of Brocks speed power and size against Fedor's fearless dimeanor and seemingly flawless technique and unbreakable spirit. I'd pick Fedor to win, but I think it'd be a great fight rather it went 30 seconds or the distance. I'd also like to see Kimbo go up against Lesner for some reason. Kimbo is a joke, and I'm so ready for him to meet the punchline.

Top Bottom