Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

questions about this basic pl program

not sure i totally believe that they are a total necessity... not all top powerlifters use them; would they help?.. possibly, im sure they wouldnt hurt...

from what information i have gathered, Ed Coan, the least disputed greatest powerlifter of all time never mentioned using them in any program or any of his videos...

though im not much of a bencher, in my weight class, there are only a handfull of american lifters that out deadlift and squat me raw... though i am well behind the very top tier lifters, i still dont think they are essential...

in the last year, ive discovered the less assistance work i do, the more the plateaus ive come to break...

From my experience in the first 3 months that I used these my squat went up 50 lbs, dead 20 lbs. My buddy who squats. Over 1000 lbs and he does them all the time. Westside barbell lives on them and they have had numerous world recod holders.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EliteFitness

well, here is how i've approaced this...personally i think i gain more from triples...and since this routine has me doing the same main movements for 3 weeks before switching up, i've done heavy triples for the first two weeks then i use the final week to max single.
so far i've:
-1rm 265 for a gm (felt a pop in my left hammy been sore ever since)
-single board press 380 w/pause
-today tripled 375 fairly easily on the low box (few inches below paralel)
at a bodyweight of 195ish...any thoughts/commentary?

tripled 285 on floor press today.
anyone know if a raw meet allows briefs?
and explain briefs to me, how much can i gain from them?

tripled 285 on floor press today.
anyone know if a raw meet allows briefs?
and explain briefs to me, how much can i gain from them?

Raw doesnt allow briefs. Usually only allow wraps both knee and wrist as well as belt. Briefs are similar to the lower half of a squat suit. Some briefs like single ply inzer briefs offer some support but not much carryover. Then on the other side multiply briefs offer great support and very good carry over. How much weight you can add is really hard to say because geared lifting is much harder than raw lifting. If your squat technique isnt good than geared squatting will be difficult. Also there is alot of pressure to deal with in gear. With alot of work they are managable. Start in basic single ply gear then work up to better gear.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EliteFitness

Top Bottom