Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Put together wrong - would you keep training?

galain

If you were structurally put together wrong, would you keep bodybuilding? I have a narrow, high chest, high calves, a thick waist/pelvic girdle, high lats, high biceps and skin that just will not tan.

I think I've developed some reasonable strength (chins with 50lbs for 5 sets of 12; dips with 130lbs for 3 sets of 10) but I'm beginning to wonder whether I should keep perservering. I don't have a lot of time to devote to the gym but bodybuilding has been a constant for me for the past 7 years.

In the end, I 've developed a body that, while it looks okay in clothes, is just plain odd looking when I have my shirt off. I know I can't change this, but I was just wondering what others would do in my situation?

Thanks

Sounds like you're just having a bad day. If you've truly been at it for seven years, that means you have the bug. I kinda doubt you really want to give it up.

We're all unsatisfied with how we look to some degree. And what the hell does "structurally put together wrong" mean? What, you don't look like the greased up pretty boys in the muscle mags? So the hell what? But let's pretend for a moment you have a point, how does quitting the gym help your situation?

With all due respect, quit your whining and get your big pelvis back in the gym!!

Do you think you would look better if you didn't train?
Probably not.

Besides hes right 7 years you have the bug theres no quiting now, you'll feel like shit if you don't hit the gym. Sorry but your hooked :)

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!Genetics is only a small limitation.You must try to sculpt your body so that every bodypart is in proportion.How many guys have you seen at the gyme who do chest and arms 3 times a week without worrying about the rest?

you have been lifting for 7 years?sorry but you have went past the legal time for quitting!YOU CAN'T QUIT NOW....hahaha....seriously,don't stop now,you know you will miss it.;)

gymtime said:
We're all unsatisfied with how we look to some degree. And what the hell does "structurally put together wrong" mean? What, you don't look like the greased up pretty boys in the muscle mags? So the hell what? But let's pretend for a moment you have a point, how does quitting the gym help your situation?

Let's take it one step further, quitting the gym would make you less satisfied with your body than you now, galain.

Galain, an interesting thread. You will undoubtedly NEVER be Mr. Olympia, BUT I would give a big "Hell Yeah!" to the question of whether or not your should keep training. Plenty of people out there looking good despite imperfections. Be the best YOU can be and keep training hard iron brother...

996690549883_covers.jpg

Thanks guys. I feel a bit better now. Whoever said I was just having an off day was right - I was. I'd taken a couple of weeks off and was in a bit of a slump but I went back tonight and did legs and back and promptly threw up afterwards. Feels okay!

I never had any aspirations to step onstage when I started - I only wanted to have abs, and your points are well made - if I stopped training now, they'd disappear (along with my funny arms and misshapen chest).

Thanks again.

galain

Top Bottom