Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Protien shake breakdown time?

burnthiscorpse

Plat Hero
Platinum
Just take ordinary whey, like optimum. if you drink 30-60grams (thats including 1% milk thats in it) how long until its used up? I'm sure it varies but whatever. Sometimes I get in certain situations and I have to improvise. So I make a 4 scoop shake. combined with the milk its around 128g protien. I sip on it gradually over hours. Or try to drink 25-30 g at a time. Just want to make sure that those times when i have to do that that I'm not waiting too long, or chugging too much and wasting it.

whey digests over 1-2 hours
egg digests over 2-3 hours
milk protein digests over 3-4 hours
casein digests over 5 hours maybe a bit more

Add EFA's to whey and it will digest slower as well.

whey digests over 1-2 hours
egg digests over 2-3 hours
milk protein digests over 3-4 hours
casein digests over 5 hours maybe a bit more

Add EFA's to whey and it will digest slower as well.

Yep. But digestion isn't absorption. And a lot of protein in one lump has a finite time when it can be absorbed through the villi. So lots of smaller protein intake are better than a few larger ones.

Yep. But digestion isn't absorption. And a lot of protein in one lump has a finite time when it can be absorbed through the villi. So lots of smaller protein intake are better than a few larger ones.

Yeah, the days I have to do that I try to sip about 25 g an hour.

Have you thought about sipping on a casein/egg/milk protein mix with essential fatty acids and maybe even some oat powder to get you some good complex carbs?

Top Bottom