Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Protein intake

Rommel

Protein intakes greater than three times the recommended level do not enhance work capacity during intensive training. For athletes, muscle mass does not increase simply by eating high-protein foods. If lean tissue synthesis resulted from all of the extra protein intake consumed by the typical athlete, then mass would increase tremendously. For example, eating and extra 100g of protein daily would translate into a daily 500-g (1.1 lb) increase in muscle mass. This obviously does not happen. Additional dietary protein, after deamination, provides for energy or recycles as components of other molecules including stored fat in subcutaneous depots. Dietary protein intake significantly above recommended values can prove harmful because excessive protein breakdown strains liver and kidney function through the production and elimination of urea and other solutes.

McArdle, William. Katch, Frank. Katch, Victor.
Essentails of exercise physiology, second ed.

Rommel said:
Protein intakes greater than three times the recommended level do not enhance work capacity during intensive training. For athletes, muscle mass does not increase simply by eating high-protein foods. If lean tissue synthesis resulted from all of the extra protein intake consumed by the typical athlete, then mass would increase tremendously. For example, eating and extra 100g of protein daily would translate into a daily 500-g (1.1 lb) increase in muscle mass. This obviously does not happen. Additional dietary protein, after deamination, provides for energy or recycles as components of other molecules including stored fat in subcutaneous depots. Dietary protein intake significantly above recommended values can prove harmful because excessive protein breakdown strains liver and kidney function through the production and elimination of urea and other solutes.

McArdle, William. Katch, Frank. Katch, Victor.
Essentails of exercise physiology, second ed.
ask McArdle, William. Katch, Frank. Katch, Victor.
Essentails of exercise physiology, second ed. if they look like me! then tell them that what looks good in a book dosen't always pan out in real life.:mad:

Re: Re: Protein intake

THE BOUNCER said:
ask McArdle, William. Katch, Frank. Katch, Victor.
Essentails of exercise physiology, second ed. if they look like me! then tell them that what looks good in a book dosen't always pan out in real life.:mad:

I just asked them, and they said they look BETTER than you! Just kiddin bro, but they're right...you don't grow from just eating more protein, there are actually some schmoes that think you can...

Re: Re: Re: Protein intake

Bulldog_10 said:

I just asked them, and they said they look BETTER than you! Just kiddin bro, but they're right...you don't grow from just eating more protein, there are actually some schmoes that think you can...

sleep/protein

Bulldog_10 said:

What exactly don't you guys agree with? They are exactly on point with this little excerpt...

i feel 2g/protein for YOUR TARGETED WEIGHT is the way to go, the way i see it, if you eat too much protein your body will turn it into glucose and use it as such, if you dont eat enouph it sure as hell wont turn carbs into amino acids, so why take any chances?

Top Bottom