Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

progressing on wsb...

TheOak84

how would you increase the poundage on the compound exercises?

example:

squat - 135x3, 185x3, 225x3, 275x1, 295x1, 315x1

what would i do for the next week? the same weight for the sets of 3's? nad try to increase the sets of 1's?

Try to hit a higher 1 rep max. When I competed I normally would hit everything I hit the week before, then try to hit a new PR. You could also try and hit the 1 rep #'s for triples. How often are you rotating max effort movements?

My goal is to improve my last Max Effort Lift for the day up by 10lbs if its Lower body and 5lbs if its upper. What happens before that i dont really care. But as i appraoch my max the weights what i was lifting last week, should feel easier this time around.

awesome...

thnks.

what about the other exercises, skulls, ohp, etc.

should i just pyramid with those, or pick a weight and do consecutive sets?
or mix it up with different principles?

You know I tried doing various BB tricks with the Accessory work,
I didnt find that it worked very well.
But the purpose of those sets is to hypertrophy so whatever works best with you. But keep in mind your going to be training more than you would on the typical Weider style split. So Dont go to crazy with drop sets and things like that.
Your best to record the number of sets you do as you go. And then add one or two sets a week every few weeks. Once the workouts start getting bigger then you break some of it off into a small extra workout.
Remember one of the principals behind WSB is that as the ammount of workload you can effectively handle increases, so should your strength.
So things like super sets, drop sets, partials etc. Are going to confound your records.

Oak.....goto www.elitefts.com and look at the "Eight Keys" article from Testosterone.net.

Tate talks about the foundation of the program in 4 parts.

Do your max effort exercise in progression like you had it. Do 3's until you can't do 3 comfortably anymore, than try and single your exercise. Next week, change th exercise and do the same progression until you get a single. WS talks about changing their exercises every two weeks, but every week works better for me.

Your next exercise for ME squats should be a heavy back exercises for 3 or 5's. Next comes a hamstring exercise and last (every workout) abs.

ME for Chest....use same protocol as above, but next exercise after ME work should be heavy tricep......then maybe a couple sets of pushdows.....next some shoulder work and lastly, Lat work and abs.

Make sure you read those articles. If you need help getting to them, let me know. check out my log if you would like.....I have only been doing WS for about 6 months and my strength is moving up slowly, but surely.

Top Bottom