Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Problems with post workout shake (carbs) ???

I'm currently off of creatine. So my after workout shake is Dextrose, Glutamine and Crystal Lite (for taste reasons). I hear a lot of people using Gatorade in place of Dextrose/Crystal lite. Plan with your after workout shakes...and GROW!

:dance2:

Ok.. last question.... If I drink a gatorade-type mix slowly during my workout that lasts throughout my total workout, would I still need to drink this dextrose post workout drink first? The reason I ask is that I would think the gatorade would keep my muscle glycogen from getting too low... Then I could use the normal post workout shake immediately after...
Or maybe ill still need one after working out also to re-fill my stores.....And the protein shake after that would only be protein-no carbs, right......:(

I've never drank a dextrose or any other shake during a workout so I can't help you there. I'm usually in and out of the gym in 45min-1hr max.

But you'll need the after workout shake (dextrose & creatine..NO PROTEIN) to refill the glycogen in your muscles. Then 30min later down a PROTEIN only shake (no carbs needed).

Top Bottom