Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

pre-ordered a LEO AR15

p0ink

yup, put my money down on a brand new colt LEO AR15. i just have to wait 77 days and 9 hours before it is mine.

and yes, it is going to sunset because congress only has ~18 more days in session until their summer break, and i don't see how it is possible for them to pass the extension.

many firearm companies are already taking pre-orders and some already have backorder on select firearms, since people are all gearing up for sept 14th. those of you interested in owning a nice firearm (while you still can), might want to look into it.

p0ink said:
AAP, aren't you an AR15 owner and a hunter?

I used to hunt. Own a couple of dozen of various firearms and hand guns.

Not an AR15 though. I thought about it, but when I saw the label on the stock that said SHAKE WELL BEFORE USING I sorta lost interest.

manny78 said:
What barrel length ? Fixed stock or collapsible ?

16"...but that's one thing i was going to ask you about. they have the A3 and the normal carbine, but one has a HBAR and the other doesn't. a lot of people on ar15.com say not to go with the HBAR because it is heavier and not as good for tactical operations and long patrols...but then i ask myself, why are they so concerned about patrols and tactical operations, when so many of them are not even in the military. even if they are, they will get issued a weapon.

but yeah, i have to let them know which one...the HBAR A3 or the standard carbine. your opinion?

AAP said:
I used to hunt. Own a couple of dozen of various firearms and hand guns.

Not an AR15 though. I thought about it, but when I saw the label on the stock that said SHAKE WELL BEFORE USING I sorta lost interest.

what firearms do you own? what kind of optics do you use? i think i will end up dumping just as much on optics as i did the weapon itself. it's sad.

All my guns were strictly for hunting. I have various deer rifles, 30-30, 30.06, 270, etc... most are equipped with Bushnells scopes. Pretty basic. Though most don't have a scope at all. My dad was big on strict marksmanship and huntsmanship honor and felt like if you couldn't get close enough for you to sight down the barrel for a prime shot, then you were failing. He had a couple of other rules like that that he enforced as well.

I have various handguns of the 9mm, 38, 357, .22 as well. One of the most strangest one is a double barrel .410 PISTOL (yeah... PISTOL) called a snake charmer. It actually has a revolving cyclinder that rotates 8 shells (4 charges) around. Looks funky and futuristic. Everytime you pull back on the hammer, two shells side by side rotate around to line up with each barrel. I have never seen another guy like it. And I used to go to gun shows every year. My dad bought it in Germany.

The only assualt type weapons I have is that cheap ass Tec-9 and the Mac-10. Both are semi only. And are accurate to, oh.... about 4 feet.

p0ink said:
16"...but that's one thing i was going to ask you about. they have the A3 and the normal carbine, but one has a HBAR and the other doesn't. a lot of people on ar15.com say not to go with the HBAR because it is heavier and not as good for tactical operations and long patrols...but then i ask myself, why are they so concerned about patrols and tactical operations, when so many of them are not even in the military. even if they are, they will get issued a weapon.

but yeah, i have to let them know which one...the HBAR A3 or the standard carbine. your opinion?

If it's for target shooting/precision, the HBAR is fine. Weight should not be an issue for you. Make sure it takes 5.56mm NATO and not only .223 Remington. They're both the same but NATO specs is a bit different (casing too). This way you have access to dirt cheap surplus ammo.

As long as its a flat top it's fine for me. What optic are you getting ?

manny78 said:
If it's for target shooting/precision, the HBAR is fine. Weight should not be an issue for you. Make sure it takes 5.56mm NATO and not only .223 Remington. They're both the same but NATO specs is a bit different (casing too). This way you have access to dirt cheap surplus ammo.

As long as its a flat top it's fine for me. What optic are you getting ?

yeah, there is no real difference between the two besides the barrel and the weight. both have collapsable stocks, both shoot remington .223 and 5.56 NATO. unless you see something major i don't, other than the HBAR...

here is the A3:
http://www.colt.com/law/ar15a3.asp

here is the carbine:
http://www.colt.com/law/lecarbine.asp

oh yeah, both have a removable carrying handle, so you can mount some optics on there. i like the Trijicon ACOG TA01NSN 4x32 Military Scope and the Leupold CQ/T Mark 4 Dot Scope A2.

sure, you can buy better, but i'm not about to sink $1400 on some optics.

Top Bottom