Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Powerlifter vs Strongman

BOOEY

Banned
What's the difference between the two? It seems to me that powerlifters need to be as strong as strongman, and vice versa ... ???

Bodybuilders look strong, some ARE strong.

Powerlifters move heavy weights but never move their feet.

Strongmen pick up heavy objects and run with them.

IMO...Strongman is the only sport which requires one to be an athlete and show their athletic ability. We do the powerlifts to increase our performance in our sport. The exercises we do in the gym are not the same ones that we compete with...but they help us. To be a good strongman, one must have good foot speed, great cardio shape, very strong in all lifts, etc... It takes the total package.

B True

b fold the truth said:
IMO...Strongman is the only sport which requires one to be an athlete and show their athletic ability. We do the powerlifts to increase our performance in our sport. The exercises we do in the gym are not the same ones that we compete with...but they help us. To be a good strongman, one must have good foot speed, great cardio shape, very strong in all lifts, etc... It takes the total package.

B True

What types of exercises do strongmen do in the gym?

BOOEY said:
What types of exercises do strongmen do in the gym?

I do Overheads, flat bench, incline bench, box squats, deadlifts, ham curls, chins, rows, curls, good mornings, squats, abs, etc...

B True

b fold the truth said:
I do Overheads, flat bench, incline bench, box squats, deadlifts, ham curls, chins, rows, curls, good mornings, squats, abs, etc...

B True

Hey B Fold, I might be late on this...sorry, but you compete in strongman competitions? If so, that's awesome.

Damn, you must be proud! Ranked higher than Jesse Marunde, I think I recall seeing him on the Met-Rx World's Strongest Man

BOOEY said:
Damn, you must be proud! Ranked higher than Jesse Marunde, I think I recall seeing him on the Met-Rx World's Strongest Man

Rankings are a little "off" in my opinion right now. I honestly believe that I should be top 20 and top 12-15 would be awesome.

B True

KillahBee said:
Hey B Fold, did I read that right, you were 152 in 94?? How old were you?

At 15-16 I was 152.
17-18 I was 213.
19-20 I was around 230.
From age 20-22 I was 245-260.
In 2001 I bulked up to 305 (and fat) and dieted down to 269 in 4-5 months.
I've been between 275-290 ever since. I always weigh about the same I just keep getting leaner. I don't think that my body wants to put on any more weight.

www.clintdarden.com

B True

Top Bottom