Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Power Block dumbell opinions (selectorized)

gretak911

Has anyone used the Power Block selectorized dumbells? I am thinking about purchasing the 5-125 lb set for $719. Are these any good?

edited to reflect the 15% Presidents Day sale on Monday.

Last edited:
719 for 250 pounds of weights. hmm.

I have to say it. You have too much money!

If I had 719 to spend I'd buy a powerrack and an olympic set and be happy as a clam. Till then I've got my standard weights and spin lock dumbbells.

If you really need to throw your money away send it to me. I would really love a powerrack for squats.

i own the powerblocks. my set goes to 85 pounds. very useful and not space restricting. A must for trainers in small spaces or one on the move.

They Kick ASS!!! - awesome choice!

S

I have one question about the power blocks: can the be safely lifted in all directions? What I mean is, is there a danger of the pin falling out while the block is overhead?

Thanks for the replies.

The pin is magnetic from what I've read so far. I've seen videos of people doing all kinds of excercises with them ie, shoulder press, one arm rows, curls, side laterals. So I think they are save to use. (granted I've actually seen a set of pro dumbells come apart and the 2 1/2 pound end plate broke a guys nose when he was doing incline presses- It wasn't pretty). So saftey is more important than convienence here.

I've got another post talking about the other equipment I'm looking at.... A cage is #1 though.

I'm getting a cage, flat/incline bench, 2 - 300lb Oly sets, and probably the Power Block dumbells.

If I were to go with the standard hex (cheapest alternative) I still would end up spending $1500 for the same set plus it would take up 15 times as much room.

We are building a house which is like 20 miles from the nearest gym. I already drive 65 miles each way to work so I'm not looking forward to another 20 mile gym commute 5 days a week.

I'm turning the whole basement into a gym eventually. First the important stuff like rack, bench, weights. After I get over the initial cash outlay I would like to get some of the rubber flooring and mirrors. They a lat/low row machine and finally a 45degree leg press machine.

The other machines probably won't happen for a few years but it's good to have goals!

They definitely have their use, but it sucks having to worry about 90 lbs of steel dropping down on your face.

They are very safe & feel natural - just look odd

My very first job was with a PT and we had limited space, no room for a dumbell rack. Since we focused on sports rehab we needed heavy dumbells. They worked great!

The best thing is they save space and the pin changes easily & quickly. I am putting a set in my home gym.

S

Top Bottom