Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Post Workout Food - Yogurt?

Icculus

Is dairy ok, post-workout?

It looks to me like yogurt would be great right after lifting. Good amount of protein and carbohydrates (which I assume are simple sugars). Just wanted to know if I'm hurting myself in some way.

Thanx.

Yoghurt has a very very low glycemic index, so it hardly raises insuline levels. Post workout drink/meal should elevate insuline levels, so the nutritients are transported to your muscle cells. A great post workout drink would be 1 scoop of AST VP2 (hydrolyzed whey peptides) with 50 grams of dextrose mixed in water. Or you could drink Surge by Biotest. Surge is designed to be the perfect post workout drink. Haven't tried Surge though.

Koen

Umm....all the yogurt I know of, besides "find-in-a-health-food-store-plain", has added simple sugars (like the blueberry, peach flavored ones).

I just heard that the stomach has a hard time digesting dairy products. I'm definately not lactose intolerant; I was just curious as to whether this would be an ideal post-workout food--takes no preparation :)

Top Bottom