Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Post Show Binging and gaining too much weight

I am pretty much the walking example of what not to do!! I competed in Oct 2009...I did a 23 week prep and dropped almost 50 lbs in that timeframe. I had a plan for post contest, had great coaches who had prepared me and I made it all of about 3 weeks and then went nuts! Did a whole lot of eating! I jumped back into prep in January, with the thought of competing in June, and just never made it. I couldn't stand the thought of dieting again so didn't get more then 3 days together of dieting, until I'd have to have a treat, which usually turned in to a lot of treats. My hormones went nuts and I felt depressed, physically and mentally. It SUCKED gaining weight that I had worked sooo hard to get rid of. To top it off, I decided to do a cycle and put on some more weight! It was muscle but still...messed with my head.

I wasn't ready for June because I couldn't get the weight off and then started prep for October but about 20 weeks out, I really started doing a lot of reading and research and talking to other women who had competed. Turns out a lot of them had the same issues. So...I backed out of the contest and tried to focus on getting my head back on straight. It's honestly been a real battle. It hasn't been until I joined the EF transformation contest, which started in January, that I've been able to have any sort of consistent eating/ exercise program. Even then, the first few weeks of the contest were a hugely emotionally charged experience for me.

I had to take competing on stage right off the table for me to be able to get my head back in the game. So I guess, overall, it took me a year and a few months. I'm feeling better and stronger now. I have really tried to pay attention to my body. Mistakes will happen but I'm trying to maintain a bit more of a balance. The weight is still a lot harder to get off though! Darn it! :)

this is awesome girl. Good luck to you and thank you so much for literally saving me from trying to alter my problem with yet another unnatural solution.

I used to judge the Jay Cutler Classic. I believe the last year I did it was the first year of Bikini.

I used to judge the Jay Cutler Classic. I believe the last year I did it was the first year of Bikini.

Which show did you judge? May or October? I won the one in May 2010 - Bikini Tall Division. Was bummed the girl who took overall had no waste but won cause of amazing quads which I still lack ;)

I also know few judges from that show Steve, Tianna.... ;)

I was just reading through your and Roxy722 posts and wanted to chim in a bit. Roxy has given you some very good advice and she is very right that many female competitors are not the nicest people you will meet - which is unfortunate... Anyway, I have been around a long time and have seen quite a bit. The one and I say the biggest mistake I see people (competitors) making is trying to do too many competitions or staying way too close to competition weight. Though you certainly don't want to hit the other end of the weight spectrum you can't maintain stage physique for very long. I always tell people - yes, we look great, but we are about as close to deeath as you can get without being actually dead... Take your time getting ready for another show - don't rush it. You will know when your head is right and the time is right. Roxy722 is right about the weight - try to keep it around 10-15 pounds from competition (10 is best) and don't stay so strict that you don't enjoy life - you will burn out othewise. Best of luck.

Thanks Anita! Great advice....so good to hear from someone so experienced. Good luck with your show and your prep!

thank you all for your respnonses. Definately helps to get support and right opinions. Roxy after i read the blogs you recommended I made a new goal - get off all the supps such as creating, beta alinine, coffeine, bcaa and other staff as well as regain inner balance and stop binging completely...

last year when competing - I only took vit C and multi by charles poliquin - no shakes, no powders - just natural food. Before i overtained and overdieted - for about six month I was in a great condition and felt great too. I am going to do so again this year ;)

Thank you ladies - you are the best

Great job balashka. Keep us posted how it goes for you! I hope you can get back to that place where you both looked and felt great!! :)

I will Roxy.
this week has been taugh, stress at work combined with full schedule outside and upcoming business trip overseas... been creaving food cause head is so so so light. This is my fifth day on no supplementation what-so-ever. But, second day eating above maintanance. Head just creaves energy.... Will keep you posted how it goes after i am back from London

Balashka hope you have or had a great time in London...Good job with cleaning out. Everyone wants to or feels they always need to be on something. Personally I always tell people you should go through stages with certain points of the year where you just clean out other than taking a basic multi/mineral and added c. Just do food. It is good to get off of everything for awhile. Poliquin puts out some good stuff.

Oh and Roxxy - thanks for the good luck wish - I will be sure to keep all posted on the progression.

Top Bottom