Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Possible to keep muscle on low carb diet "without" the use of anoblics??

alright guys..one more questions...whats the longest one should stay on a str8 ketosis diet, untill desiered results? then what? gradually ease up into a low fat, moderate carb , high protein diet, and wow , i didnt' know that str8 ketosis was under 30 gms of carbs...so staying at 50 makes your body feel worse than if you were at say 10?

DaMan said:
BTW Riker, off topic, what the fuck do you do against dry nose on accutane? I've been picking away at it all day and ended up picking out skin thinking it was a bugger and bled all over the place... I've tried nasal moisturizer spray and gel, they both suck.

Then back on topic :)

i get those at night,

str8cubano said:
alright guys..one more questions...whats the longest one should stay on a str8 ketosis diet, untill desiered results? then what? gradually ease up into a low fat, moderate carb , high protein diet, and wow , i didnt' know that str8 ketosis was under 30 gms of carbs...so staying at 50 makes your body feel worse than if you were at say 10?

The threshold at which someone gets into ketosis varies from person to person. Its not exact. It tends to be highest for someone that has never done it before, its also effected by their calorix expenditure, body comp, etc.

For most people its somewhere between 20 and 40 g carb per day. You must stay there =with NO exceptions for somewhere between 1.5 days (for an experinced person who has done it before, who has done like a full body workout or 2 and maybe some cardio during that 1.5 days) to maybe a full 5-6 days (sedentary person who is huge).

Again, read above ....... 50 g carbs SUCKs becuase your body is carb-starved, but yet since yo are not in ketosis, your body is not effectively burning fat as its primary fuel, so it is SCREAMING for carbs. 50 will NOT allow someone to get into ketosis (or even to stay there). Dropping to like 20-30 will make your body scream even MORE for carbs for like 1-5 days until you drop into Ketosis. Once you are there, its like "awwwwwwwwww......" much much eaiser,. Your body starts burning fat.

But, screw up 1 TIME, like east 1 candy bar or can of Pepsi, and BAM your body goes "oh CARBS!?!?!?!. COOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLL!!!" AND STYARTS BURNING THAT, and now once again, you must go through the pain of getting INTO ketosis.

thanks riker. Yea, ive doen this diet several times, but only for like 2-3 weeks. you answered all of my quesitons except the one about "how long should i stay in this diet" , or whats the longest time i can go on this diet? i just want to do it untill i see the results....but is it ok to go anywhere from 4-6 weeks on this diet? and what would you suggest once you stop, to go back on carbs? cause everytime i go back on carbs, i get fat as fuck again, but then again, its already sept. and i don't give a fuck anymore and never do any more cardio and just eat as much as i can ....which is what i "dont" want to do...

2 things

What sucks is your workouts number one. And number two, once you get into ketosis and are finally adjusted, not feeling light headed, its time to carb up and start all over again. I'm thinking of going longer between carb-ups next time. Possibly, a full two weeks instead of one.

Lyle's Book

I would have to say its worth the money. He goes into a two week, day by day for bodybuilders as to what to do leading up to your contest.
He does mention that the CKD and the TKD will both have similar results. They are both great for fat loss while retaining muscle. Although he says a zone type 40/40/30 diet is probably better for mass gains.

str8cubano said:
thanks riker. Yea, ive doen this diet several times, but only for like 2-3 weeks. you answered all of my quesitons except the one about "how long should i stay in this diet" , or whats the longest time i can go on this diet? i just want to do it untill i see the results....but is it ok to go anywhere from 4-6 weeks on this diet? and what would you suggest once you stop, to go back on carbs? cause everytime i go back on carbs, i get fat as fuck again, but then again, its already sept. and i don't give a fuck anymore and never do any more cardio and just eat as much as i can ....which is what i "dont" want to do...
I know people that have been on a CKD for months, no problem.

So I would not worry about it. Just take some good supplements. Be smart with the carb choice you make (good veggies for carbs if you can fit them within your carb allowance during the week) to provide goo vitamins and minerals (and various vitamin and mineral supplements would be a good idea) and you should be fine.

4-6 weeks? I personally did it for like 6 MONTHs.

When you go back on carbs, just ease into it.

Think about what carbs are the WORSE ...

1 - Sugars - the WORSE.

2 - Starchy, grain-based stuff - chips, pretzels, flour, bread, (and pasta is close)

3 - Starchy Veggies - Corn and Potatoes

Stay away from #1 at all costs. Stay away from #2, and that is enough for most guys to not pack on too much fat at all, stay away from #3 and you will stay quite lean. However, to gain mass, you may need some of need #3 and a bit of #2 to do it.

Its amazing how many guys do not realize the problems caused by #2.

By the way, all of the above gioes out the window with a post-=workout meal. In that case, you can do simple carbs becuase you want to slam your muscles ASAP with fuel and fill'em back up again.

Top Bottom