Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

pLEASE EXPLAIN GLYCOGEN TO ME IN IDIOT TERMS

FOZY

I understand that you nead to depleat it to burn fat ( morning cardio and post work out when it is depleated) but what is it in Lamens terms in terms of making muscle and fat loss

thanks

foz

Glycogen is a starch like polysaccharide that is found in the liver and muscles of humans.

Chemically it is a highly branched condensation polymer of glucose. It is readily hydrolyzed to glucose.

Glycogen is formed by the liver from glucose in the bloodstream and is stored in the liver.

Conversion of glucose to glycogen (glycogenesis) and hydrolysis of glycogen to glucose (glycogenolysis) together are the usual mechanism for maintenance of normal levels of blood sugar.

Glycogen is also produced by and stored in muscle cells; during short periods of strenuous activity, energy is released in the muscles by direct conversion of glycogen to lactic acid. During normal activity, energy is released by metabolic oxidation of glucose to lactic acid.

FOZY said:
I understand that you nead to depleat it to burn fat ( morning cardio and post work out when it is depleated) but what is it in Lamens terms in terms of making muscle and fat loss

You need to deplete it somewhat to burn fat maximally, but not to burn fat. However, this will also decrease strength and increase utilization of muscle protein.

There are pros and cons to both sides. I would suggest not worrying about it.

ParDeus
www.avantlabs.com

Top Bottom