Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

People you hate doing business with....

calveless wonder said:
i worked on wall street, tough guy lol

and they have business sense. they're not morons and understand you need to make money when in business

exactly. they won't even TALK to you unless you've established yourself first.

Funny people bitching about other cultures that are at least 'talking' to you in terms of business.

You know the toughest? Saudis. Raise your hands all of you who have talked to a Sheikh. Tought so.

Go to Wall St. Now go to Dubai. Now you'll much more appreciate talking to that chinese business owner downtown.

Business is about providing benefits to someone. If you can't provide it - you're of no use. Regardless of culture.

r

Phaded said:
your friends are usually the worst people to do biz with

agreed...or to hire!!!!

if you hire a friend/family member, you gotta bust their balls more than anybody else so it doesn't appear you're giving them preferential treatment

Razorguns said:
exactly. they won't even TALK to you unless you've established yourself first.

Funny people bitching about other cultures that are at least 'talking' to you in terms of business.

You know the toughest? Saudis. Raise your hands all of you who have talked to a Sheikh. Tought so.

Go to Wall St. Now go to Dubai. Now you'll much more appreciate talking to that chinese business owner downtown.

Business is about providing benefits to someone. If you can't provide it - you're of no use. Regardless of culture.

r

You read that in a text book bro?

I"m not going to make sweeping generalizations........but two years ago i formed a company with my father and we were going to market an Israeli product. Turned out to be a complete farce. Because of how he got connected with them, he took them at their word for what their product was supposed to do. We started smelling a rat about a year into the process..........so my dad used a lab at the company he works for to run a small test. The stuff did approx 0.0% of the characteristic that "supposedly" made it so marketable. It was a complete biohazard that would have gotten us into alot of trouble with the EPA had we marketed it in the U.S. THen all the pain in the ass shit we had to deal with from them became clear and made sense. They wanted hardly any contract with us at all.....just a wink and a handshake. They also waffled on indemnification. There are some things that the U.S does better. I've talked to other guys that have done business in Europe. One guy said he'll never do business with the greeks again. It seems to be worldwide..........this sort of weaselish bullshit business practice. I suggest anyone who has some intellectual property.........to try to exploit in in N. America. You take it overseas and you're just handing people your hard work. And right now there is very little one can do to seek restitution in such cases. I guess Greece is one of the worst places for that right now. They just take your shit and make or sell your shit themselves........completely locking you out. If I'm ever in a position like that again, someone is just going to have to front me some coin or else I'm just not interested.

redsamurai said:
I"m not going to make sweeping generalizations........but two years ago i formed a company with my father and we were going to market an Israeli product. Turned out to be a complete farce. Because of how he got connected with them, he took them at their word for what their product was supposed to do. We started smelling a rat about a year into the process..........so my dad used a lab at the company he works for to run a small test. The stuff did approx 0.0% of the characteristic that "supposedly" made it so marketable. It was a complete biohazard that would have gotten us into alot of trouble with the EPA had we marketed it in the U.S. THen all the pain in the ass shit we had to deal with from them became clear and made sense. They wanted hardly any contract with us at all.....just a wink and a handshake. They also waffled on indemnification. There are some things that the U.S does better. I've talked to other guys that have done business in Europe. One guy said he'll never do business with the greeks again. It seems to be worldwide..........this sort of weaselish bullshit business practice. I suggest anyone who has some intellectual property.........to try to exploit in in N. America. You take it overseas and you're just handing people your hard work. And right now there is very little one can do to seek restitution in such cases. I guess Greece is one of the worst places for that right now. They just take your shit and make or sell your shit themselves........completely locking you out. If I'm ever in a position like that again, someone is just going to have to front me some coin or else I'm just not interested.

Paragraphs my friend. It comes in real handy when dealing with business people. :)

redsamurai said:
when you deal with greeks, get contracts. lots of contracts. lots and ltos of contracts. and make sure you have the money to actually take them to court if neccessary. i have mucho personal experience with these greek people lol

For me, Turkish people and Persians (Iranians) have been the worst to do business with. The Persians proved to be absolutely not trustworthy and want to haggle over everything. Because of them I don't spend much time spinning my wheels on deals with these people. I have the - Here it is.....Take it or leave it attitude!

One funny thing I remember about the Turks I worked with, is they tried to make all kinds of distinctions between themselves and Arabs......and then these fuckin' Turks turned out to be the most underhanded people I had ever worked with.

Top Bottom