Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

People Eat Even More after Calorie Counts Posted

Is that really what "organic" means to you? It's sort of a generic term that encompasses "alot". But in the instance of beef, poultry it's pretty simple.......free ranging and no hormones. Can't be done with factory style farms cause the animals aren't living as nature intended them to so we have to pump them full of hormones to make em bigger and antibiotics to make em healthier.......all of which get's stored in the animals flesh and get's transferred to us.

Outstanding!

I'll have the pork loin with a side of Trichinosis please.

Outstanding!

I'll have the pork loin with a side of Trichinosis please.

I understand this sentiment, at one time in my life I was also living under the same general impressions that have been spoon fed to me as well. What you have to understand is that animals that are allowed to live as nature intended them hardly ever get sick, like almost never. E coli in beef is a result of cows not being fed what makes them healthy, just what makes them fatter and tastier to the american palet. And not uncoincidentally this type of feed is also cheaper. I'm not going to sit here and spell out all the different things that american cows are allowed to eat.....you can look that up yourself. Just know that grass isn't what cows are eating, even though they're supposed to be. I can't speak for pigs cause they live in shit constantly and seem to like it that way......there's probably a reason why jews and muslims won't touch em. I havn't eaten pork in I don't know how long, so it doesn't matter to me they can outlaw that meat for all I care. But in any case, you need to do some research on what you're not only putting in your body.....but your kids. I reiterate, animals that free range on grass are able to develop immune systems that fend off ecoli and whatever else.

And one more bit of information on ecoli......even wonder why it's beef and not steak that get's recalled under an ecoli alert? Well that's because steak comes from one animal whereas if you buy ground beef from the supermarket....I shit you not.......contains on average meat from almost 1000 cows. That's why it's more susceptible to ecoli contamination. And that's why ground beef is also out of the question for me. Only meat I eat is steak.

I understand this sentiment, at one time in my life I was also living under the same general impressions that have been spoon fed to me as well. What you have to understand is that animals that are allowed to live as nature intended them hardly ever get sick, like almost never. E coli in beef is a result of cows not being fed what makes them healthy, just what makes them fatter and tastier to the american palet. And not uncoincidentally this type of feed is also cheaper. I'm not going to sit here and spell out all the different things that american cows are allowed to eat.....you can look that up yourself. Just know that grass isn't what cows are eating, even though they're supposed to be. I can't speak for pigs cause they live in shit constantly and seem to like it that way......there's probably a reason why jews and muslims won't touch em. I havn't eaten pork in I don't know how long, so it doesn't matter to me they can outlaw that meat for all I care. But in any case, you need to do some research on what you're not only putting in your body.....but your kids. I reiterate, animals that free range on grass are able to develop immune systems that fend off ecoli and whatever else.

And one more bit of information on ecoli......even wonder why it's beef and not steak that get's recalled under an ecoli alert? Well that's because steak comes from one animal whereas if you buy ground beef from the supermarket....I shit you not.......contains on average meat from almost 1000 cows. That's why it's more susceptible to ecoli contamination. And that's why ground beef is also out of the question for me. Only meat I eat is steak.

Then why were parasites and contamination a bigger problem 100, 200 or even 300 years ago -- all before large-scale industrial livestock farming?

Parasites in pigs were such a problem thousands of years ago that most scholars believe that was the driving force behind both the Jewish and Muslim religions banning pork. Shouldn't that have been a time when these diseases were minimized since free-range was the only option?

I'm not aware that there was much of a problem with regular beef.......pork, absolutely....they eat and wallow constantly in their own feces. That's "absolutely" the reason why muslims and jews don't eat pork.....it's a filthy animal to them.

And you're also forgetting there was no refrigeration. Meat had to be eaten within a very short time of being slaughtered. Once the animal is dead the meat begins decay, the warmer the temp the quicker that happens obviously. Now consider the middle east.....pretty warm right? And that's the area where at least in the west, we get most of our history from. So I have no doubt that according to them, if someone got sick from eating meat it had more to do with the animal than decay.

Again, there is absolute irrefutable proof that free ranged animals have an order of magnitude healthier immune systems. The problem is that those animals might not be quite as tasty as animals fed on corn because corn promotes more fat than lean tissue. Than on top of that they feed cows in the U.S a melange of things that make one's stomach turn. They are, not shitting, allowed to mix a certain parts per million of chicken feces into cow feed.....certain parts per million of pasta, candy, concrete......the list goes on about what they're allowed to mix in within "strictly regulated percentages", yeah right :rolleyes:

When I eat meat I almost always get the australian free range. It's actually cheaper surprisingly and at least the filets'........are just as good as regular. The other cuts are maybe not quite as good......but that's a tradeoff I"m willing to take.

Then why were parasites and contamination a bigger problem 100, 200 or even 300 years ago -- all before large-scale industrial livestock farming?

Parasites in pigs were such a problem thousands of years ago that most scholars believe that was the driving force behind both the Jewish and Muslim religions banning pork. Shouldn't that have been a time when these diseases were minimized since free-range was the only option?

I'm not aware that there was much of a problem with regular beef.......pork, absolutely....they eat and wallow constantly in their own feces. That's "absolutely" the reason why muslims and jews don't eat pork.....it's a filthy animal to them.

And you're also forgetting there was no refrigeration. Meat had to be eaten within a very short time of being slaughtered. Once the animal is dead the meat begins decay, the warmer the temp the quicker that happens obviously. Now consider the middle east.....pretty warm right? And that's the area where at least in the west, we get most of our history from. So I have no doubt that according to them, if someone got sick from eating meat it had more to do with the animal than decay.

Again, there is absolute irrefutable proof that free ranged animals have an order of magnitude healthier immune systems. The problem is that those animals might not be quite as tasty as animals fed on corn because corn promotes more fat than lean tissue. Than on top of that they feed cows in the U.S a melange of things that make one's stomach turn. They are, not shitting, allowed to mix a certain parts per million of chicken feces into cow feed.....certain parts per million of pasta, candy, concrete......the list goes on about what they're allowed to mix in within "strictly regulated percentages", yeah right :rolleyes:

When I eat meat I almost always get the australian free range. It's actually cheaper surprisingly and at least the filets'........are just as good as regular. The other cuts are maybe not quite as good......but that's a tradeoff I"m willing to take.

So refrigeration technology is good but antibiotic technology is bad?

People get sick from food in general at a fraction of the rate they used to. And when it comes to animals, who cares if they are eating chicken shit, grass or Purina Cow Chow? Now I don't want them chowing-down on PCB's or ionic Mercury, but biological systems are generally very efficient at turning chicken shit into chicken salad.

I personally am not against organic food because to me it's a tax on environmentalists. As long as they are paying the premium and don't try to force that cost on me, they can eat all the nonviolently-collected, conflict-free, acoustically-soothed, new age crystal-harmonized tofu they want.

So refrigeration technology is good but antibiotic technology is bad?

I'm not really sure I understand the question but as far as antibiotics go, you realize they are responsible for creating the resistant strains of ecoli and other things right? If you had animals that didn't require antibiotics because they're immune systems were up to task........that would "better", right? This is a logical conclusion is it not? You know those antibiotics make their way in trace amounts into your system right?

People get sick from food in general at a fraction of the rate they used to

again, refrigeration is the key. People in cold weather that could bury their meat in the ground had it last all winter. They had little to no problems. If you ate what you hunted within a short period of time, chances are you were fine. But we don't "hunt" anymore do we? No we "farm" animals. But if you seperate them from their nature too much, they become susceptible to more things than they would if they were free.

And when it comes to animals, who cares if they are eating chicken shit, grass or Purina Cow Chow? Now I don't want them chowing-down on PCB's or ionic Mercury, but biological systems are generally very efficient at turning chicken shit into chicken salad.

You lack a fundamental understanding of the interaction of nutrients within a biological system, both for humans and animals.........well it's mostly the same anyway. You think that the biological systems of a cow can turn shit into lean healthy tissue? You're kidding right? Please tell me you're more informed than this.

I personally am not against organic food because to me it's a tax on environmentalists. As long as they are paying the premium and don't try to force that cost on me, they can eat all the nonviolently-collected, conflict-free, acoustically-soothed, new age crystal-harmonized tofu they want

how would they force that cost on to us?

I'm not really sure I understand the question but as far as antibiotics go, you realize they are responsible for creating the resistant strains of ecoli and other things right? If you had animals that didn't require antibiotics because they're immune systems were up to task........that would "better", right? This is a logical conclusion is it not? You know those antibiotics make their way in trace amounts into your system right?

I knew penicillin was a mistake! We should have banned that shit from the get-go.

You lack a fundamental understanding of the interaction of nutrients within a biological system, both for humans and animals.........well it's mostly the same anyway. You think that the biological systems of a cow can turn shit into lean healthy tissue? You're kidding right? Please tell me you're more informed than this.

No, that's the problem. I do understand how nutrition works. Feed rations are carefully planned and I could care less if my chicken was fed ground-up cow parts or organic protein bars.

You're a marketing person's dream. When I finish my own organic experiment next fall, would you like to buy some all-natural, organically-farmed, conflict-free, high-bioavailability tomatoes for $25/each? I'd tell you more about them, but I'm on my second cup of coffee and I need to go "fertilize" my garden here in a minute.

how would they force that cost on to us?

The organic food lobby has been pushing its agenda for decades. Here's a page with links to just a few lobbying groups:

Lobby Groups for Organic Farming - LoveToKnow Organic

Top Bottom