Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

People Eat Even More after Calorie Counts Posted

mrplunkey said:
The larger underlying point is that this underscores the myth that people simply need to be informed. Even when barraged with information, a significant number of people will still make terrible choices. Look at smoking: A solid 20%+ of all Americans smoke, yet we've known smoking is one of the deadliest things you can possibly do to yourself.

- Information: Good
- Personal Choices: Good
- Making me pay for someone else's personal choice: Bad

:)
Some people do need to be informed. Some are just plain stupid.

Trying to beat people over the head with the information (like smoking) and think that they'll change is also stupid. :)

Putting a label on your damn product to show what's in it and how many nutrients you've sucked/processed/freezedried out of your food product is not an undo burden on a business. These are simply facts they already know so forcing them to put these facts in writing on their product is good business practice. If there's retards in america that don't read the labels, fine.........but the fact is that the surge in the organic and local food industry shows that people care. It's a flawed study because they're sampling people who are in eating in places where they wouldn't eat if they were educated enough to understand nutrition. So naturally these people could give a fuck about a label because they don't have a clue what it even means and don't think it applies to them. Go to a health food store and sample those people and than come talk. Statistics is the language of pure and utter bullshit.

Organic food is one of the best scams ever. It's right up there with healing crystals, electric belts and social security.

Organic food is one of the best scams ever. It's right up there with healing crystals, electric belts and social security.

depends on what you're talking about. "real" organic food is obviously not a scam......is big food slapping the organic label on their products cause they reduced their pesticide use by 13%, yep. I'll be the first to admit that it's real tough sifting through all the utter bullshit the free market has waiting for us. ANd no I don't trust the govt. in the slightest to regulate what is and what is not "organic". I'm "in the mix", so to speak.....with the organic movement, so I have access to the people who know what's bullshit and what isn't.

I'm going to start a garden next spring and take my morning dump right in the middle of it. I figure that way I can sell my organic produce for at least 10x the going rate.

I'm going to start a garden next spring and take my morning dump right in the middle of it. I figure that way I can sell my organic produce for at least 10x the going rate.

Is that really what "organic" means to you? It's sort of a generic term that encompasses "alot". But in the instance of beef, poultry it's pretty simple.......free ranging and no hormones. Can't be done with factory style farms cause the animals aren't living as nature intended them to so we have to pump them full of hormones to make em bigger and antibiotics to make em healthier.......all of which get's stored in the animals flesh and get's transferred to us.

Top Bottom