Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Patrick Swayze has pancreatic cancer

Finally, I've been wishing it everynight he'd get it since that movie dirty dancing came out.

PappaD said:
****PLEASE RESEARCH BEFORE YOU BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ!!!****

Patrick Swayze is undergoing treatment for pancreatic cancer but does not have just weeks to live, the actor's reps and doctor said Wednesday.

+1 Steve Jobs is looking pretty good, too.

digger said:
+1 Steve Jobs is looking pretty good, too.

Steve Jobs's cancer went unannounced for nine months
By Chris Foresman | Published: March 06, 2008 - 10:09AM CT

In a critical piece about Steve Jobs, Fortune writer Peter Elkind reveals that Steve Jobs and Apple kept mum on on The Steve's pancreatic cancer for nine months. While we're familiar with the public story of what happened, few details about Jobs's bout with the illness have emerged until now.

It turns out that doctors found the the tumor in October of 2003 during a routine scan. While a biopsy revealed that the cancer was a rare but treatable form, Jobs opted to try and treat the cancer with a special diet. Jobs is a long-time Buddhist and vegetarian, and though research has shown diet to be effective in reversing coronary disease and even slow prostate cancer, surgery is so effective for this type of cancer that most patients live 10 years or more after treatment. Jobs tried treating the cancer with the special diet for nine months until follow-up scans showed the tumor was growing. He then had the surgery in July of 2004, when most of us found out about it, and after a relatively short recovery was back at Apple.

Elkind's piece uses this as an example to show how Jobs puts Apple's shareholders at high risk. At least part of this theory relies on the notion that Apple would stumble dramatically without its iconic and charismatic CEO. While Jobs no doubt deserves credit for much of Apple's success, he couldn't do it without the team of people working with him, like Tim Cook and Jonathon Ive. In an interview with Fortune's Betsy Morris, Jobs himself spells it out:

We've got really capable people at Apple. I made Tim [Cook] COO and gave him the Mac division and he's done brilliantly. I mean, some people say, 'Oh, God, if [Jobs] got run over by a bus, Apple would be in trouble.' And, you know, I think it wouldn't be a party, but there are really capable people at Apple. And the board would have some good choices about who to pick as CEO. My job is to make the whole executive team good enough to be successors, so that's what I try to do.

Jobs is no longer the 20-something spitfire who raised the Jolly Roger over Bandley and found himself ousted by his hand-picked CEO shortly after the release of the Mac. His choice to pursue a natural alternative to serious surgery was no doubt as carefully considered as the radius of the curved edges of a MacBook. Elkind may consider Jobs' behavior risky, but his willingness to take a chance on something he believes in is arguably one of the factors that have made Apple the success that it is today.

http://arstechnica.com/journals/app...jobss-cancer-went-unannounced-for-nine-months

People get carried away with the natural remedies stuff!!!!!

Top Bottom