Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Passed my CCNA exam CHEAT MEAL TONIGHT!

Enock

ahh the glory of it.One of the biggest encouragements to study was knowing that if I passed I would cheat on my cutting diet.

Now time to enjoy, 2 half gallon things of icecream, mixed w/ peanutbutter and peanutbutter cookies, and if I get tired of the combo, add in Fluff and bannas and strawberries to a cherry vannilla Ice Icream. AWE GOD LIFE IS GOOD.

I'll eat it over about 2 hrs time, I wonder how much the body can actually utilize, I don't really think it can use it all not when its just rushed w/ dense calories like that. I think quite a bit passes through the system. other wise I'd be able to put on at least a pound of fat from one meal.

congrats man, I know the feeling. I'm currently working on a suite of IBM Enterprise developer certification exams myself. Last week I passed an exam and I got so excited that the following day I crashed my brand new 2001 BMW. I had the car for 2 months :bawling: Oh the tragedy!

anyway, congrats

SAF

Congrats on passing the ccna. I'm currently studying for it also. What was the most difficult part of the exam?

SAF said:
congrats man, I know the feeling. I'm currently working on a suite of IBM Enterprise developer certification exams myself. Last week I passed an exam and I got so excited that the following day I crashed my brand new 2001 BMW. I had the car for 2 months :bawling: Oh the tragedy!

anyway, congrats

SAF

God damn that sucks,

CCNA is Cisco Certified Network Associate.

Hardest part is cisco sometimes calls things by different names than what you've learned them. You also cannot go back once you've clicked next this fucked me over when the terminal kinda hung for a second. most questions had 4 answer (you were usually told how many to choose but not always thats a bitch when it doesn't say) and sometimes there would be like 10 selections.

1. There was one where you need to place the order of encapsulation.(this is guaranteed to be on there in some form) Answer is

User info to Data, Data to Segments (they called segments something else began w/ S though), Segments to packets/datagrams, packets/datagrams to bits.

Easy to remember w/ acrynym(sp?) Ungraduate Dying Slowly Please Feed

2. One where you need to find the range of host IDs from a given Class B IP w/ 12 subnet mask (used supernetting) The answer was A. (the damn terminal kinda froze on me though I started clicking rapidly and it clicked on another answer and then clicked next on me DAMNIT)

There were 3 questions out of the 65 on subnets

4 questions on access lists.

3. One question on BRI's bandwith

4. One question on what kind of signaling does The D channel use in BRI/PRI (answer is out of band)

5. One on the IOS command to set a banner
answer: Banner motd# Phrase ending w/ a #

6. 2 questions of the IOS commands to set up and IPX network, the options were like

a. Router# IPX network 100
Router# Network 186.145.10.2
Router# Network 126.31.2.0
b. Router# IPX network 100
router# Network 186.145.10.2 255.255.0.0
Router# Network 126.31.2.0 255.0.0.0
c. Router# IPX network 100
d. Router# IPX network 100

The others were basically variations in the network number 2 had the subnet after them and 2 didn't.

This question was on there TWICE I think it might have been identical aswell. The Test pulls the questions randomly from a pool, but it makes sure it covers everything.

The ones w/ the subnet mask are wrong, you don't need to type that the subnet is a given based on the class of the ip. ITs one of the other 2 don't remember which not sure if I had this right. 50/50 chance I did since you can eliminate the subnet options

There were quite a few stupid ones you'd be like what a dumbass question. The difficulty ranges pretty well on it.

You can't Alt Tab out to use the calculator in windows I tried, and you can't bring one in, would have helped for figuring out binary - dec

Know how many Hosts and subnets are avaible when they tell you how many Subnetmasks an IP has I.e. 22

knowing this will get you the answer to 3-4 questions. Since they also say things like whats the largest number of Host IDs you can get when you also need at least 4 subnets. (that was an actual question)

Formulas are,

For Host IDS, Are 2^B -2 (where B is the number of bits that are 0 left in the subnet mask) you subtract 2 because the highest is the broadcast and the lowest is multicast, Careful when it asks this is it says how many IPs can you get DO NOT subtract 2 since they want you to include the broadcast IP and the Multicast IP, but if they just want host addresses subtract the 2. This can easily trip you up since the answers for both will be an option.

To get the number of subnets say if you have a 22bitmask, and a class B address (will probabbly be like 168.221.10.5/22 (so you have to remember its a class b based on the given IP)

22-16 = 6 (the 16 is the number of bits in a class b address)

2^6 = 64 - 2 = 62 (62 is the number of availible subnet masks available.)

They will try to trip you up asking you what subnet mask you would need for a class A or B ect.. adress when you need 4 subnets.

Since adding 2 bits to the default mask would give you 2^2 = 4, that option will be on there (2+what ever Clas IP bits they had in the question)

But you will need 3 since you have to subtract 2 from your answer so

2^3 = 8 - 2 = 6 That gives you the the lowest one that you could fit 4 on.

So a class A address with 4 subnets would need an 11bit subnetmask

a Class B would need a 19 ect...

You have 75minutes and theres only 65 questions. Some of which will take 5 seconds. Time limits isn't a concern. Longest question took 10 minutes (the one the terminla hung up on FUCKER took the longest to get the answer and the thing marked the wrong selection on me, oh well I passed all that matters). It basically because there were alot of dec-bit converstion and it took a while they give you paper and pencil.

Some questions on encapsulation types where they show you a figure w/ some swithes and which encapsulations are on which ports and they ask you about a certain port and what encapsulation type it needs to function, its stupid since all you do is look to where the port is connected on the other end and its the same type since they must be the same, (they didn't try to trip you up by giving you one that would be different then the port on the other side because of backwards compatability) You just choose the identical.

really stupid question and it came up 2x.

Thats all I can remember there was a real lot of questions on switching and routing.

I use to have a site that had all the CCNA tests and study guides on it. I wish I still had it since I'm actually going for my CCNA and A+ degrees now :D

Just A+, going for my CCNP now, I think I'll have it in about 4 weeks. (I have nothing else to do but study and hit the gym) going the 4 test route to get it 1 test per week.

Top Bottom