Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

parents, let me get your advice here.

Is Krista kind to animals? Is she good at spelling? Does she respect others? Is she funny? What's her FICO?

What are the good things about her? I'm curious why your daughter considers her a friend. Is it because of some redeeming qualities,
or just because they've associated and your daughter is a friendly person?

I think they became friends because at 13, you're friends with whoever is located conveniently to you, who you have some things in common with, and is as receptive to your friendship as you are.
This girl seemed okay last year, but has started to go down the wrong path. I thought it was nice that they were friends at first for a few reasons- one being that i saw that my daughter does not choose her friends based on their looks.

i don't want to mentor this girl, and I do NOT want to call social services as someone mentioned. her mother might be okay (single mom, living with her father and some strange woman who had a stroke and yells at everyone), just not really on top of things.

my 13 year old has told me that one of her friends, "Krista" (age 14, very overweight with a mess of frizzy, poorly cut hair, no father, and wears TONS of really bad makeup) is allowed to get whatever she wants pierced. She is going to go get her lip, nose, and eyebrow done soon. She wants to get pierced "down there" too. Krista and her mother are also going to get matching butterfly tatoos.

My daughter also told me that Krista recently ALMOST had sex with a boy (this 15 year old boy had a 1 week relationship with a 23 year old teacher at the middle school. the teacher admitted it and is up on charges) the other day, wants to start drinking and smoking weed.

Krista has an ENORMOUS ass for a girl her age, and she wears thongs and purposely pulls them up above her pants line. She is going this week to get part of her hair dyed purple, and wears thick black eyeliner and sloppy bright red lipgloss.

Her mother is also a mess and they live in a mess of a house.

so here's my question. My daughter told me all of this and I told her what a shame that all is and how she's heading in a very bad direction. my daughter says she knows. Now that she's confided in me, if she wants to hang out with Krista, do i let her?

btw, my daughter has two new friends who are adorable and lovely girls. I encourage those friendships.

depends, actually your daughter should make the decision... we spend time with people for different reasons.. a bird of a feather flock together.. how does your daughter view herself?? how does she want others to view her/???

College is the time to discover who or what they want to be, however with that said, you will be less of an influence then, by helping her make a decision on who she wants to be associated with, you need to not tell her she can't, but that your daughter may not be able to help this girl... good girls get to go everywhere, bad girls get to have sex in juvi with adult men..

just a thought.. mine are 27 and 25... and good girls..

depends, actually your daughter should make the decision... we spend time with people for different reasons.. a bird of a feather flock together.. how does your daughter view herself?? how does she want others to view her/???

College is the time to discover who or what they want to be, however with that said, you will be less of an influence then, by helping her make a decision on who she wants to be associated with, you need to not tell her she can't, but that your daughter may not be able to help this girl... good girls get to go everywhere, bad girls get to have sex in juvi with adult men..

:cool:Peoples, give Spywizard tha k for this:cool:

+1

stilleto this would be an excellent time to set up a password with her. My daughter had a questionable friend, in my opinion, who she liked (the whole bird flocking together thing) but didn't want to do the sleep over thing with. Whenever a situation came up that she wanted out of indirectly, she'd call and add her password to the question. My hint to say "no sorry". No hurt feelings. :)

thanks. good advice.

so it came up- she asked if she could go to the movies with the girl today. her mom would drive them and pick them up.
i said ok.

Top Bottom