Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Paleo while bulking

Codygreg10

6'3
194.8 lbs
12.5 bmi

I am currently 21 years old and about 6 months off of a surgery called Tommy John surgery. The dreaded surgery of a pitcher! I play college baseball in Texas and have taken my rehab very serious as I see this as a way to strengthen areas that I was weak on and work on things. I am now clear to start throwing and lifting when it comes to dumbbell bench, hammer curls and being able to fully squat again! From about month 2 I was able to do many shoulder and forearm exercises while just isolating the elbow. I was able to score the Dodgers team doctor Neal Elattrache to do my surgery so from the beginning I've been confident about recovering. I have been on top of Y's T's with the cables constantly basically how a pitcher would warm up with bands, most of those exercises but just with cables to make it heavier. I have somewhat watched what I ate and rode the bike while I wasn't cleared to run but recently decided to get onto the paleo diet for the reason I love the clean diet, not for losing weight. For people who don't know what the paleo diet it's also known as the caveman diet. Only fruits, vegetables, meats and fish. My roommate and I are committing to it and doing it completely clean with no added sauce whatsoever or any added seasoning. Also only plan on one cheat day 2 weeks into it but THATS ALL. Olive oil to cook most of the items we eat (fish, chicken) boil the vegetables (tons of broccoli, zucchini, spinash) and of course all the bananas and apples we could eat. Cutting out all grains. I tested it out the first day and kept track of every single item I ate to see the calorie intake. I only amounted to bout 1600 calories eating on time and snacks between of fruits. Me being 6'3 194 pounds I knew it wasn't enough. I ordered Optimum Nutritions Mass Gainer as I could get the extra 1600 calories a day drinking it with milk. Today got up to 3,940 calories which is where I believe I should be now that I can start lifting again. Also ordered Optimum Nutrition Creatine Mono. Before surgery I was 205 and pretty solid as I had been working out for about 4 years prior on and off through season and was in the best shape I had ever been. When I'm in my routine I usually use the Defranco West Side for Skinny Bastards part 3 love the way he splits up the workouts and focused on strength gains rather then just bulking. After surgery it obviously took a toll since I wasn't able to lift so I went back down to my skinnier 195 build. Still strong obviously lost a lot of strength prior to getting hurt.

Workout is going to be split up with my throwing as I can't put a ton of stress on my elbow the day I throw:

Monday - Throw - Lift ALL shoulder rehab exercises and scaps with cables and forearms, run a mile

Tuesday - Dynamic Legs (box jumps hammys Jumper cables) different hip strengthening rehab Pretty intense core workout from my rehab

Wednesday - Throw - repeat monday

Thursday - Lift upper body heavier (Dumbbell bench Shoulder press Hammer curls) and some shoulder rehab exercises

Friday - Throw - scaps and cables no shoulders rehab core workout hip exercises

Saturday - OFF DAY

Sunday - Heavy legs (Breathing Squats, Front Squats)

Let me know your opinion with the diet and the way I'm going to run my diet. Obviously I'm locked into knowing the workout completely as that's all with my physical therapists. Pretty excited to get back into lifting I definitely missed it!!

That's cool man it's a good routine. But honestly ON mass gainer isn't the healthiest mass gaining shake. I make a natural gluten free 1200 cal shake that's much much easier to drink without bloating and contains much less sugars and no fillers. Only almond milk. If ur doing a paleo diet u need to cut out the dairy. Pm me if u need info on making the shake

That's cool man it's a good routine. But honestly ON mass gainer isn't the healthiest mass gaining shake. I make a natural gluten free 1200 cal shake that's much much easier to drink without bloating and contains much less sugars and no fillers. Only almond milk. If ur doing a paleo diet u need to cut out the dairy. Pm me if u need info on making the shake

Ya I was thinking about getting a gainer like like but the college budget said to be happy that I could enjoy mass gainer! I got a 12 lbs bag for 45 dollars and free 2 day shipping from Amazon. It was too hard to beat lol

I know what you mean bc I bought the same stuff myself bc of how much u get for the price. After u run out though you will notice that almost all that weight will drop very quickly straight to the toilet lol.

Top Bottom