Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

over training?

my current split is

day1: abs,back,calves
day2: biceps,triceps,forearms
day3: off
day4: abs,legs,calves
day5: chest,shoulders
day6: off
day7: start over

i do 5 different exercises per bodypart (excluding abs,calves and forearms) w/ 4 sets each, reps range from 12-6. im also doing 750mg/wk sust and 1cc/EOD fina. this is not too much training is it?

your split looks fairly decent but your volume is way to high......you should only do 12 sets per body part, but never go over 15....I like to choose three lifts for each body part and do 4 sets on each, sometimes I switch it up a little by choosing 4 lifts and doing 3 sets on each....if I don't feel like I've worked enough on the muscle or muscle group I'm training then I do a one set burn out.

I agree with BigMag... lower the volume. Maybe even less than 12 on the smaller body parts such as bi's, calves, etc...

Go with this advice....

bigmag said:
your split looks fairly decent but your volume is way to high......you should only do 12 sets per body part, but never go over 15....I like to choose three lifts for each body part and do 4 sets on each, sometimes I switch it up a little by choosing 4 lifts and doing 3 sets on each....if I don't feel like I've worked enough on the muscle or muscle group I'm training then I do a one set burn out.

The only thing I might add to this would be split your routine as:

Mon & Thr: Legs, Back, Biceps & Forearms
Tue & Fri: Calves, Chest, Shoulders & Triceps
Abs every other day.....

You need time to recover... otherwise your body will break.... your system must be able to adapt to the work load by giving is sufficent time to recuperate.... when is the last time you saw a tri-athlete do a race after training every day for the month prior... do you see athletes training every day.... listen to you body! If you want to test your powers of recuperation try working out you your legs with the following and see how fast you recover:
3 sets by 25 reps
3 sets by 20 reps
3 sets by 15 reps
3 sets by 10 reps
3 sets by 8 reps
4 sets by 6 reps

Take stock of how you feel the subsequent days... when the pain and stiffness are gone then you are ready to return to the gym... not until that time. Besides you should not be so sore the next day that it hurts to move the muscle or when someone touches you that you cringe and recoil in agony...... we must use some common sense here.

Maxmuscle66

Top Bottom