Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

OUCH! Deadlift injury? WTF OUCH

Judo Tom

Plat Hero
Platinum
Ok yesterday I deadlifted. Nothing crazy really kinda didnt feel like pushing super hard for a max or anything since I had a lot of training scheduled for the rest of teh day.

Felt fine nothing at all... Woke up this morning and my hip/glute is hurting and I'm limping around like crazy.

Ive never had this happen from Deads before?

Massaging seems to help but wow its pretty intense...

Is this a soft tissue injury?

Do you take the time to stretch your hips, hams, and piriformis before and after training?

How about regular foam roller and self myofascial release?

I hope this ends up being nothing serious bro. Take er easy and try to stretch it out.

You strained your hip flexor. Don't do legs or deads for a while. Let it heal by itself, if you push it then you will tear it. Then you will be in a world of shit...

I did the same thing about a week ago. It was hard to stand up straight for a few days. My girl is a massage/physical therapist so she works on it which helps keep it loosened up. But she says the same thing you gotta let it heal on its own or you can tear it. Ive been out for 5 days hopefully you didnt hurt it as bad as I did. I hate missing that much time in the gym.

ok I might not have been 100% warmed up :( I do admit that but I really felt by the time I got to this set I was ready... probably not I guess..

Also good news I guess is that it is nothing too major. I saw a doc last night and he said my hip was out of alignment but not badly dislocated. Also said that it would be hard for this to happen from deadlifting?? but couldve happened while I was sleeping or training bjj/judo. Anyway he did some stretching and adjustments and it is a lot better. I was having real problems just walking yesterday. After the visit I could walk fine. He just cautioned me to not lift legs for a while and to let it heal. Said it will feel like it is 90% for a while but at the same time testing it too soon could lead to a bad injury..

sorry for the long post but just figured Id give you all some insight to what happened.

Thanks!

Look up Agile 8, sl posted up a thread with the link to improve hip mobility... You don't realize how important stretching really is until you start having back pains or get injured.

Top Bottom