Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Online discussion board XOXOHTH lawsuit: Judge grants motion re fictitious names

bro i love you like a e-step child but no one cares about this board or the nerd rap group
sorry bro (

So, dracula must appear to what? Defend his blood thirst?

Gambino said:
bro i love you like a e-step child but no one cares about this board or the nerd rap group
sorry bro (

The only reason I post this is because members of an online discussion board are getting sued.

Considering that we're all on a discussion board as well, I thought the implications of such a lawsuit interesting. Legal implications of things done in the internet world are still pretty new.

What's to keep Healother from suing ten members who gave him bad dating advice? LOL, okay, a slight stretch there, but it's not that far from what's happening on this other board. I won't even touch the illegal steroids subject...

chesty said:
So, dracula must appear to what? Defend his blood thirst?

The owner of the board is covering for the members mentioned by stating that none of the servers track IP addresses (which is supposedly true).

This whole thing is over some over-sensitive girl's "reputation" getting ruined -- people posting her picture and saying somewhat impolite things about her.

So what does it mean that they get to proceed with ficticious names? I don't get it?

Seems like a pretty bullshit lawsuit. Hard to prove any damages, unless she gets an employer to say that she didn't get hired because someone said something about her on the internet. Come on.

It's sort of common knowledge amongst lawyers that it is usually nutjobs who try to get you to file defamation suits for them. The lawsuits of hurt feelings. :rolleyes:

heatherrae said:
Seems like a pretty bullshit lawsuit. Hard to prove any damages, unless she gets an employer to say that she didn't get hired because someone said something about her on the internet. Come on.

It's sort of common knowledge amongst lawyers that it is usually nutjobs who try to get you to file defamation suits for them. The lawsuits of hurt feelings. :rolleyes:

Any chance of actually winning? Like, in general, do these actually go anywhere?

:cow:

Well, given todays sue happy liberal world, and the fact that people like judges can get mult-million dollar lawsuits heard over a pair of 200 dollar slacks, I would give her 50/50 odds at winning.

Top Bottom