Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

One muscle focus workout, critique needed!!!

arsoniq26

OK, so I was thinking of trying to work one muscle group at a time, any thoughts on that? It would be an AM/PM split, 3-4 exercises per muscle.

Example:
Monday AM - Triceps
Monday PM - Back, Lats

Tuesday AM - Biceps
Tuesday PM - Chest

Wed AM - Quads, Hams, Calves
Wed PM - Shoulders, Traps

Then I will recycle the workout after a 1 day break, and maybe next 3 days switch the AM workouts to PM.

So itll be a 3 day full body workout, break 1 day, 3 day again, break 1 day, etc etc.
Any opinions on trying this? Would this be a less effective workout since I am only working and focusing one main muscle at a time? (keep in mind I will try to apply compound exercises as much as possible to hit secondary muscles).

Let me know what you guys think about this idea, I might be starting in Wednesday if i cant find anything wrong with it.

While you're at it, post a recmommended workout or what you guys have been doing!

unless you're on heavy juice and REALLY high cals, you're likely to be overtraining.

i suggest 2 days on, 1 day off.

Maybe I shoulda mentioned I'll only do about 4/5 exercises per workout

Example: Bench, Incline Flies, Pullover, Dips for chest morning or night. For a shoulder workout Arnold press, Upright Row, Shrugs, Rear delt row.

I agree that you will probably overtrain with that. Remember, more is not better. Split routines are very tough on your body. Even though you are concentrating on different muscles, you will use certain stabilizing muscles during both workouts. On top of that you burn a lot more calories and cut into recovery time of your first workout. You build muscle AFTER your workouts, the workouts simply stimulate muscle growth. Give yourself some time to recover and repair your muscles. 5-6 days a week split would be insane.

I think split routines are for the pros who are totally juiced up, can eat lots of quality food all day and rest. I like the 3 day a week workout, but everyone is different.

I agree that this workout plan is overtraing. Working out each muscle properly once a week is more than enough. If you see the pros workout routine it's true they might workout a muscle more than once a week; but that's becuase they've been training for many years; And been juicing continuosly and they eat like animals. Hence they recover faster.

good points, maybe id be better of doing 1 muscle group a day for a 6 days full body workout, or longer workouts in 3 days time? any advice?

Just some advice. When I train I try to work muscle groups together that have the same action. (push/pull) Chest/Tris/shoulders (push) back/bi's (pull) etc...Remember when you train back your bis are also being worked. Same as chest your tris play a huge roll in your bench press. Just find out what works best for you. Train hard!

Top Bottom