Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Old school chest routine

DJ_UFO

Banned
What was the old school chest routine for Arnold, Katz, Waller, Ferrigno and all those guys?. They developed big, wide and proportioned chests. Not like actual freak monsters. What were the common routines at that time?

From what I've read, they did a lot of sets, particularly incline press, and many of them worked chest 2-3 times a week.

A lot of it is illusion remember - their chests look so big because their waists were so small (i.e. from the choice of drugs available at the time - GH gut wasn't exactly common!).

mcr said:
From what I've read, they did a lot of sets, particularly incline press, and many of them worked chest 2-3 times a week.

A lot of it is illusion remember - their chests look so big because their waists were so small (i.e. from the choice of drugs available at the time - GH gut wasn't exactly common!).
there wasnt any GH back then!!!!!!!!!

wnt2bBeast said:
gh doesnt cause the gut..slin and igf cause it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nonetheless, is it still not known as GH Gut?

Please could you link to some research that backs up what you've just said above, because everything I've read has indicated that it's not clear what causes GH gut - whether it's the GH, slim, igf or a combination of all of them. As far as I'm aware there have been no tests done which provide a conclusive answer. I am happy to be proven wrong if you have the information available however.

In particular, the fact that there have been cases cases of researchers claiming that "gh gut" has been experience by those on GH ALONE due to the growth of internal organs and connective tissue makes me really question whether it's just slin and igf that causes the gut.

mcr said:
Nonetheless, is it still not known as GH Gut?

Please could you link to some research that backs up what you've just said above, because everything I've read has indicated that it's not clear what causes GH gut - whether it's the GH, slim, igf or a combination of all of them. As far as I'm aware there have been no tests done which provide a conclusive answer. I am happy to be proven wrong if you have the information available however.

In particular, the fact that there have been cases cases of researchers claiming that "gh gut" has been experience by those on GH ALONE due to the growth of internal organs and connective tissue makes me really question whether it's just slin and igf that causes the gut.

personally i really dont give a shit...so im not going to bother but if you would like to look it up feel free!!

djufo said:
What was the old school chest routine for Arnold, Katz, Waller, Ferrigno and all those guys?. They developed big, wide and proportioned chests. Not like actual freak monsters. What were the common routines at that time?

It was basic stuff...pullovers, presses, dips and flys. Same as the stuff they do today. No matter what kind of pulley or machine you put it on the chest biomechanics stay the same. Don't forget the guys your talking about (Arni, Mike, Ken and Lou) were genetically gifted. Basically there are three positions and two movements; flat, incline, decline / press and fly. As far as actual routines...sets and reps, don't really know but I'm sure it was intense which is what really counts anyways.

wnt2bBeast said:
personally i really dont give a shit...so im not going to bother but if you would like to look it up feel free!!

Thank you so much for your help kind sir :rolleyes:

mcr said:
Thank you so much for your help kind sir :rolleyes:
the truth is there are but a handful of people who should be or need to be using slin and gh and they almost never post on the training board!!! take a look at quadsweep's gallery..at his level he has added GH..dont think too many people are anywhere near there??

Top Bottom