Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

ok, now I think Fedor is ducking the UFC.

If what I read is to be believed, he has a fair amount of experience with Kyokushin karate and boxing. Kyokushin is full contact without gloves. If you have ever seen Andy Hug fight, Andy Hug was a Kyokushin fighter when he went to K-1.

I did kyokushin for a while as a kid. It's a harsher form of karate wouldn't exactly call it full contact.

I gave him the credit he deserves.

Lets break down his fights:

Min Soo Kim: Brock's first fight. The guy has a 3-6 record and has never beaten anyone.

Randy Couture: A light Heavyweight in his prime, and he managed to even take Brock down a couple times in their fight. Also older than Jesus.

Frank Mir: Frank Mir fought subpar talent during his prime UFC years. He lost to Brandon Vera who now fights at Light heavyweight.

Heath Herring: Heavyweight stepping stone, always has been.

Brock has wins, you can't discredit that. He's also a physical freak (albeit totally distorted by HGH and Steroids). But he's not even close to Fedor talent, and he's NEVER fought a striker???? I want to see him fight a bull striker with horsepower.

But that wasn't even my point Traz. My point was that Strikeforce's heavyweights are as good or better than any of the heavyweights in the UFC. I'd rather watch Fedor fight Brett Rogers than anyone in the UFC.

Boxers have pin point accuracy in striking with their hands ok....but some mma fighters hit harder. Also, they kick, knee, elbow, grapple, take down their opponents, tap them out, inflict pain, over and over and over...why would I watch boxing??

When Tyson retired, boxing was dead to me...

That link you gave didn't look terribly credible...it looked like an asian wiki page. I want a serious article talking about how big boxing is in Japan. And yeah, there's been a couple guys in Japan who have been treated pretty close to how sumo guys are. In his prime sakuraba was a god in japan. I know there are other fighting sports in Japan, but isn't "MMA" kind of a generic term for any kind of fighting that isn't entirely one dimensional? Technically that stupid fight between Bas and Shamrock where they could only throw palm strikes and grapple was still an MMA match....what was that, shootfighting or vale tudo or something? I dunno, but Pride was a pretty big deal in Japan for a while there. I just don't see the japanese being that enthralled with american style boxing, this has to be proven to me substantially before I beleive it.

OH MAN! LOL! Are you serious? You aren't ranking mma up there as popular as sumo is Japan are you? :D I'm fully aware that Sumo is thier national sport. You won't get me like that. I've been in martial arts, since I was a 5 yrs old. Believe it or not, pro wrestling, k1 kickboxing, and boxing makes out better over there. Linares the boxer has a huge following in Japsn. He's rating's on the tv market over there. It's not that well off as you think. Look up number of events and how much money is generated. MMA isn't superior over there. Does well but isn't top dog. USA is the top market for MMA and it isn't even allowed in one of usa's landmarks, in NYC. LOL! Bigger then boxing? Last time I checked, boxing holds events everywhere. OMG dude.

That link you gave didn't look terribly credible...it looked like an asian wiki page. I want a serious article talking about how big boxing is in Japan. And yeah, there's been a couple guys in Japan who have been treated pretty close to how sumo guys are. In his prime sakuraba was a god in japan. I know there are other fighting sports in Japan, but isn't "MMA" kind of a generic term for any kind of fighting that isn't entirely one dimensional? Technically that stupid fight between Bas and Shamrock where they could only throw palm strikes and grapple was still an MMA match....what was that, shootfighting or vale tudo or something? I dunno, but Pride was a pretty big deal in Japan for a while there. I just don't see the japanese being that enthralled with american style boxing, this has to be proven to me substantially before I beleive it.

boxing will never be as big as mixed martial arts in Japan

Are you kidding me?

martial arts fuckin started in the far east dude...

I agree with the above post

I did kyokushin for a while as a kid. It's a harsher form of karate wouldn't exactly call it full contact.

You don't consider this full contact?

Hope you know that Sak was a pro wrestler in NJPW over there before becoming an mma fighter. He was famous because of that. Pride was well known to use pro wrestler to draw in more fans to the shows even if they didn't have great skills. If you use to watch Pride you should know that.

The first rule in Kyokoshin karate is you can't punch the face...that's NOT full contact

I understand that it violates tournament rules to punch the face, but all those strikes are full force. Would you consider boxing not full contact because there are no kicks or lower body strikes? How about pads? There are gloves used in most other full contact sports. That only makes them semi contact seeing as the strikes have to go through gloves. Kyokushin is full contact because there are no gloves or pads.

Top Bottom