Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

ok, now I think Fedor is ducking the UFC.

Come on traz. You are my boy, so I ain't mad at cha. Boxing is on a delince in north america and parts, canada, and some europe. Yet they remain strong everywhere else. There are boxing demands in parts of the world that mmma has yet to touch. Even in Japan were MMA does okay, boxing is more popular. Like I said, there is boxing every week all over the world. MMA dosen't have that yet. MMA has grown well but hasn't reached the peak of boxing has as a whole. Boxing is the # 1 combat sport in the world currently and in past time. I'm not trying to piss people off but fact is fact. What's popular in north america and little parts of europe dosen't speak for the rest of the world. I know that's what we hear and see on western media but that's all brainwash shit. Dana knows he hasn't reached the heights of boxing has reached yet or ever will. Both sports can exist but people like Dana white continue to cause division among both sports with him wanting to be better. He sucked as a boxing promoter and never was good at it. Take that for what it's worth.

we'll see in about 20 yrs

boxing will be gone and mma will take over completely

the crowd demands more than just slow hand exchanges over 12 rounds when they can have a lot more knockouts with smaller glover, more blood and more action in less time

the crowd demands more than just slow hand exchanges over 12 rounds when they can have a lot more knockouts with smaller glover, more blood and more action in less time

Boxing really looks ridiculous in the HW division. To watch two behemoth Neanderthals lean forward into each round after round hardly resembles real fighting.

Guess, will have to wait and see. Personally, I don't think it will be in my life time.

boxing more popular than MMA in "japan"?? Ummmm, I want to see some sort of proof on that. Nothing in Japan is as popular as Sumo, but they're starting to treat MMA guys there like top tier Sumo wrestlers. I can't name one japanese boxer, but there's a bunch of pretty good japanese MMA fighters.

Even without grappling training some of them could and I think would tag any chin. If they connect it's over. I'm telling you. The speed of elite and most boxers have are outstanding. They are so quick and pack scary power. A lot of times you don't see where thier fist are coming from.

pyzamsmellbull.jpg

boxing more popular than MMA in "japan"?? Ummmm, I want to see some sort of proof on that. Nothing in Japan is as popular as Sumo, but they're starting to treat MMA guys there like top tier Sumo wrestlers. I can't name one japanese boxer, but there's a bunch of pretty good japanese MMA fighters.

OH MAN! LOL! Are you serious? You aren't ranking mma up there as popular as sumo is Japan are you? :D I'm fully aware that Sumo is thier national sport. You won't get me like that. I've been in martial arts, since I was a 5 yrs old. Believe it or not, pro wrestling, k1 kickboxing, and boxing makes out better over there. Linares the boxer has a huge following in Japsn. He's rating's on the tv market over there. It's not that well off as you think. Look up number of events and how much money is generated. MMA isn't superior over there. Does well but isn't top dog. USA is the top market for MMA and it isn't even allowed in one of usa's landmarks, in NYC. LOL! Bigger then boxing? Last time I checked, boxing holds events everywhere. OMG dude.

Lestner beat Mir and Couture, some of the best heavyweights in the world. who else does he have to beat to be recognized as a champ? I dont get all the hate people have against him....it just shows that brute strength and power goes a long way

I gave him the credit he deserves.

Lets break down his fights:

Min Soo Kim: Brock's first fight. The guy has a 3-6 record and has never beaten anyone.

Randy Couture: A light Heavyweight in his prime, and he managed to even take Brock down a couple times in their fight. Also older than Jesus.

Frank Mir: Frank Mir fought subpar talent during his prime UFC years. He lost to Brandon Vera who now fights at Light heavyweight.

Heath Herring: Heavyweight stepping stone, always has been.

Brock has wins, you can't discredit that. He's also a physical freak (albeit totally distorted by HGH and Steroids). But he's not even close to Fedor talent, and he's NEVER fought a striker???? I want to see him fight a bull striker with horsepower.

But that wasn't even my point Traz. My point was that Strikeforce's heavyweights are as good or better than any of the heavyweights in the UFC. I'd rather watch Fedor fight Brett Rogers than anyone in the UFC.

Top Bottom