Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Norephedrine

ledanimal

Can someone please enlighten me as to what Norephedrine is, where it comes from, and what its pros and cons are. I am interested in tryin Mass Quantities Phenyltropic PPA. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.:fro:

I do not take it as a habbit to bash products, so all I am going to do is underline some facts about Norephedrine HCL.

It is not theromogenic, it works great with low-blood sugar levels, and it works well when combined with 25mgs of ephedrine.

Mr.X :cool:

mr x .... since its not thermogenic.. can you give us an idea of how it works? and why with low blood sugar levels... so its meant for those on ckd or atkins...?

Cozmokramer,

PPA (aka d,l norephedrine) is NOT thermogenic in humans in the way ephedrine is -- works great for this in rats. It does not increase norepinephrine levels, which is what mediated ephedrines effects. It also does not appear to bind to the beta 2 receptor to any significant degree. Alpha 1 agonists are vasoconstrictors, so they prevent heat from being released from the body, so they would raise body temperature and make you feel hot -- but this is quite different from causing calories to be wasted as heat.

However, it does have a couple of positive effects on fat loss above and beyond appetite suppression, and studies have shown subjects taking it to lose more weight than controls at an equal calorie level.

|STUDIES|
Author: Kamakura, Hiroyuki Volume: 118 Issue: 4 Pages: 143-149 Year: 1998
Source: Journal- pharmaceutical society of japan
The pharmacokinetics of norephedrine enantiomers were determined after the independent i.v. administration of (+-)-norephedrine (20 mg/kg), norephedrine (10 mg/kg), and (+)-norephedrine (10 mg/kg) to rats. Significant differences were observed in the pharmacokinetic parameters of each enantiomer when the enantiomers were administered singly and as a racemate. For example, the values of total body clearance (Cltot) and urinary excretion clearance (Clr) of (-)-norephedrine administered as a racemate were higher than those of the norephedrine enantiomer administered singly. The areas under the curve of concentration versus time (AUC) of (-)-norephedrine administered as a racemate had a tendency to increase. While Cltot of (+)-norephedrine administered as a racemate showed a lower value and AUC showed a higher value. The value of Clr of (+)-norephedrine administered as a racemate showed a tendency to decrease. There was no difference in the in vitro serum protein binding of (-)- and (+)-norephedrine. The data from this study reveal that pharmacokinetic interactions exist between the norephedrine enantiomers and also reveal that the serum protein binding is not concerned with those interactions. The differences in the pharmacological effects after the individual administration of (-)-norephedrine or (+-)-norephedrine may be caused by the differences in their concentrations in the plasma.

Mr.X :cool:

as always mr x thank you... i had some ideas on it but I'm sure nobody else here really knew its effects...

thanks again

Top Bottom