Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

No more flat bench...no more squats.

NWinters

After seeing what some guys in here can OHP (Cuthbert a good example) Im gonna stop flat bench an do steep incline movements, and emphasize on foward power. Im gonna lay off olympic squats and start hiting the fronts hard. I believe that fronts are for me anyway since my quads overpower my hams anyway. Flat bench looks prettier but incline seperates the best from the rest. I think incline and fronts would be tools of the trade for foward power.

I may do flat for CG bench, but Im gonna un-prioritize it for now.

Nick

If your quads are stronger than your hams, it seems like you'd want to focus more on back squats off a box in order to bring up your weakness. Why cater to your strengths?

slobberknocker said:
If your quads are stronger than your hams, it seems like you'd want to focus more on back squats off a box in order to bring up your weakness. Why cater to your strengths?

That was what I was about to post.

B True

I agree with these guys.

I do wide stance box squats, WSB style... I think there is no comparison between these and oly squats. I also train front squats as well.

I agree with the incline bench though... I have never liked the flat bench.

NWinters said:
Nothoing really seems to be working for my hams.....:(

How much do you stiff-legged deadlift (and I mean perfectly strict with lower back arched throughout)?

the only accessory move i can do is stiff leg deads for hams and box squats.

Should I do low box squats?

Top Bottom