Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

New Muy Thai movie in theaters.

Ong Bak ?

Its so hard to tell ppl this , but the system hes using in the Film is actually Muay Boran , a predecessor of Muay Thai thats got Forms , ad is much more like Wushu than the current popular sport .

It's only showing in select theatres though isn't it? I checked for it a couple weeks ago in my area and no theaters were showing it.

Djimbe said:
Ong Bak ?

Its so hard to tell ppl this , but the system hes using in the Film is actually Muay Boran , a predecessor of Muay Thai thats got Forms , ad is much more like Wushu than the current popular sport .

I also read (although from a fan site, so not confirmed) that:

...all of the Martial Arts are taught there and Tony would be able to learn Krabi Krabong (Thai martial arts from which Muay Thai was created), Taekwondo, Judo, Aikido, Muay Thai and gymnastics. Tony was a very good student and performed some demonstrations in Thailand and China.

I've seen clips from the film, and it looks like there's all sorts of elements of many martial arts used through out.

All I know is I was to see the flick :supercool

Meh , just because he knows other things dosent mean that he used them in the film . I mean , other than some pretty Jackie-Chanesque athletics/acrobatics , there really isnt anything that I couldnt recognise as Muay Boran in the Fight scenes . in fact I think that he was being Intentionally repeditive to give his movement a sort of "Character" of their own , of sorts .

Top Bottom