Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

NEVER EVER buy a Hyundai!!!

CFlan423

They have the worst service department on the planet (Hyundai of NPR, near my house in particular) and their cars are just pieces of junk.

I bought my car BRAND NEW in 2010 (10' Sonata Limited Edition V6) for $29,000 plus the 'platinum' 10yr/100k bumper to bumper warranty for $2,500, and have had nothing but problems with it since i bought it. First the engine was making a weird ticking noise when it starts up, so i take it to service and they tell me "Its normal. Theres nothing we can do about it." IT MOST DEFINITELY WAS NOT NORMAL! It was loud enough where it was embarrassing to start my car with people around (Still to this day, they have not even attempted to fix it.) I made a big stink about it, talked to the director of service, got the run around, and got blown off completely. Never got it taken care of.

Next:

My leather starts PEELING on my drivers seat 10 months after i get it. Literally the dark grey was peeling off of it and showing the white underside of the paint. So they take it and have some interior guy do (what looks like) SPRAY PAINT my seats factory colors (which was HIGHLY noticeable), this worked for all of THREE days before the paint started peeling off. They told me theres nothing they can do and tried to send me on my way, after causing a big scene in the dealership they agreed to replace the leather seat cover, which they did.

So fast forward another 10 months (today) and BOTH my front seats are peeling in multiple locations (3 locations on the drivers and 4 on the passengers seat). So i take it back to Hyundai of NPR and they pretty much tell me its normal wear and tear and theres nothing they can do.... a 2 year old car, with 25,000 miles, peeling leather seats --- normal wear and tear?? This is the product i bought?? So i went into 'oh hell naw' mode and pretty much told the guy if they didnt fix it i would protest out front of their dealership on public property with signs explaining to all potential customers that their cars are JUNK. So he agrees to "try his best to get it warranted out ONE LAST TIME" by "sending an email to Hyundai to see if they will warrant it." which is essentially his escape route to blow me off and put the blame on Hyundai Motors.

If this doesn't get done, i assure you that you will see me outside of Hyundai of NPR sometime in the next two weeks (depending on how long it takes for them to call me back) holding signs explaining exactly how shitty their products are. (if anyone lives in Tarpon Springs area of Florida)

FUCK HYUNDAI. I cant wait for this fucking thing to be paid down low enough were i can trade out of it.

Side note: I could also mention the paint that surrounds the windows peeling on both sides of the car, crappy speakers (even though i got the "premium infinity sound system with nav'' that blew with the bass turned all the way down, noisy sunroof when it opens and closes (like a crunching sound that they also claim is 'normal'.)

I wish i knew how to build webpages and get them ranked high on google so i could explain to a greater number of consumers exactly how shitty their cars are.

If you spend the money on this car, you WILL be disappointed. Buy a Nissan or Toyota and save the headache!!!

sounds like you got a shitty one. my husband bought his 06 Sonata, leather seats, sunroof, etc brand new and loved it the entire time he owned it. no problems whatsoever. it was in great condition when he sold it a month ago to carmax. so, you just probably got unlucky. sucks for you.

nice life

If my car was worth the $30k i spent on it, it would be a beautiful life.

Next year when its tradable, ill certainly be going into a more reputable brand like Toyota or Nissan. If i drive this thing too long it wont be worth SHIT when i go to trade it in.

sounds like you got a shitty one. my husband bought his 06 Sonata, leather seats, sunroof, etc brand new and loved it the entire time he owned it. no problems whatsoever. it was in great condition when he sold it a month ago to carmax. so, you just probably got unlucky. sucks for you.

Its possible when they changed the body style in 2009 the problems started happening. They changed some stuff inside the car and on the exterior. I read reviews online and there are a ton of people who have had the same type of stuff happen for 09-10 Sonata's. I should have looked into it further before buying. I figured, "hey with a 100k bumper to bumper warranty, who cares, it will be fixed", lesson learned. They will use any excuse as a scape goat to avoid fixing obvious problems with the cars.

Count Honda as great also

Definitely. I love honda's. I would love to drive a new Accord, the only reason i even went to Hyundai was because an accord (back in 10') fully loaded like this car was like $5,000 higher and i was already extending myself to my max.

Top Bottom