Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need some advice on which doctor to go with

VwJax

I've been dealing with low test issues for about 5 years. I am 30 now.

My general doctor has been just pumping me with SSRIs and Xanax to deal with one of my issues...anxiety. After so long of doing that I got tired of pumping pills in my body everyday just to treat a symptom.

After doing some research myself I found that I've been having a lot of symptoms of low testosterone. It took a little convincing, but I got my general doctor to test my testosterone levels.

First test came back at 262 total and they sent me for a second test to make sure and it came back in the low 300s. They referred me to an endocrinologist.

He of course took my $60 co-pay, talked to me for about 3 minutes and sent me off for more labs. (getting tired of doing labs at this point. 3 times with in 4 weeks) He says we'll look into treatment on my next visit with results.

Fast forward 2 more weeks and I show up to talk about my results of my blood work and semen test (trying to have a kid at the moment, so that plays into it). Of course I get there and pay another $60 co-pay and he talks to me for a few more minutes and tells me the results for semen test aren't in yet.....so in turn he won't prescribe anything yet...be it testosterone or just hcg or whatever. But, he'll call me tomorrow and we'd talk about treatment then.

Of course I call the next day to follow up and then don't hear back till late in the day from his nurse.

She then tells me my normal amount of sperm is a little low and the doc wants me to do blood work and a semen analysis again....but in 6 weeks and come back in 7 weeks.

So I've been dealing with all of the low testosterone symptoms for 5 years now, been trying to get it handled since the beginning of August and I'm being told to go for more labs and come back at the end of November. So there I would be 4 months later and going to another appointment to see what the endo wants me to do again...will he treat me this time...will he send me for more labs almost 2 months out again....I just don't know.

At the point of the next appointment I'll have dumped $180 in copays to his office and still won't know for sure if he is going to treat me or just send me for labs again.

Now....I also know of a doctor that friends have gone to that works with TRT as his main thing. Takes my insurance and everything. I know this doc would put me on TRT asap. But, I don't know if he would be as through/cover all bases as the endo.

So here is my deleima....

Do I stick with the endo that I kind of feel like I am getting the run around with...though he may seem through/safer/???

Or do I go with the TRT doctor? I'm just curious if he would be as concerned about my fertility as the endo is.

The last thing I want to do is mess something up and make it hard on my wife to have a kid....but I'm also trying to get my health/symptoms fixed. After all, having at least somewhat of a sex drive would help with the having kids process.

Sorry to be long winded....but I figured this would be the best group to ask. My wife seems to back which ever direction I want to go...so at this point I just need some advice.

i say stick to ur endo, bare with him for now, don't jump on TRT right now cuz u'll lower ur sperm count even more, i think ur endo gona try to boost ur natural test and increase ur sper count and sex drive naturally, a course of clomid hcg or hmg maybe some AI's and many other otc products will help with that.
good luck

and btw even if u decide to change doc, and go to ur friends TRT doc, just don't let him supplement u with exo test, just tell him u want a therapy to boost ur natural test and u wanna have kids.

If your trying to have kids skip the doctors all together and look at your diet. Get your zinc and magnesium RBC tested, I would wager your low on both. Then supplement at 3-4 times recommended daily dose for 3 months and get labs again as well as sperm count and test levels Bet you see an improvement. You will want both zinc and magnesium RBC labs to be at the very high end of the lab range.

Last edited:
Top Bottom