Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need help computer orbs!!!!

I just built my athlon 64 based computer, and my radeon 9600 card will not run properly (I lose my video and get a black screen often) but do not have this issue with my old geforce 4 440.

I've installed directx 9.0c but dxdiag still says I have 9.0b.

I can't play my favorite game (World of Warcraft) because it says I need to either upgrade to directx 9.0c or update my video drivers (which I've tried for the geforce card).

I'm at a lose here orbs......

Are they both agp cards? Did you use a driver from a CD or the latest from the website? Did you reboot after the DX9 upgrade?

Dial_tone said:
Are they both agp cards? Did you use a driver from a CD or the latest from the website? Did you reboot after the DX9 upgrade?

Yes they are both agp cards. I can't actually get online with the new card to get a driver. I originally installed the drivers from the disk that came with it, but had to reinstall windows because teh computer would hang up with 10 seconds of windows loading after that. The computer would work it, just sometimes my screen would go blank, and stay that way with teh card. This happened anytime I got online within a few seconds.

does the bios have an option to select PCI or AGP video first? something along those lines, make sure it's set to agp. Also check whether the card is agp 4x, 8x or what and the voltage of the agp slot, like 1.5V or so.

I can check the bios it will be a few minutes ... the old card is a 4X, the new one is 8X..both are 1.5v. brb on the other one...

maybe the agp slot is only 4x, I really haven't kept up with that stuff lately.

No my board is brand new...its for the new amd athlon 64 bit 939 socket processors only. It is for eithe r4x or 8x....now on the other hand I found the bios was set to read pci first for its primary visual device... I changed it to agp...should I try my radeon card again?

Top Bottom