Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

need a substuite for squats...

TC2

It's not that I don't like to do them, I just have no means of doing them.

any alternatives even remotely related to squats??

Because of a shouder injury I can't do barbell squats either, so I've been using db squats, and the results aren't that bad. You could also try using bodyweight squats holding a 45 plate tight against your chest. If you go low enough and slow enough, you should get a good burn off them, although you may have to shoot for 20 or more reps. O.M.G Just remember that any form of doing a squat is better than none at all!

If you dont have a squat rack.. then lunges with db's or the barbell if u can clean and press it. If you can't, try zercher squats if u can manage to grab it off of the floor.

big4life said:
What do you have to work with?

Fuck duh... guess I could've added that in there.

I workout in my garage and have a bench and free weights.

I guess I could squat free standing with light weight. Although I don't like the idea of having to use light weight.

It's just a bitch when you have to do shit half ass.

I don't know if you have room for one, but here are plans for a homemade squat rack. If you have a metal shop in your area you could probably have one made for 1/2 the price one would cost retail.

http://www.theministryoffitness.com/mof/library/articles/article11.htm

If nothing else you could always use a couple 55 gallon drums. You can even build a couple platforms to put them on so they will be taller and you can get under them easier.

Just get two old similarly sized desks/tables at a surplus store to rest the weight across. There really isnt a great substitute for squatting.

http://www.t-nation.com has a new article out called 'single leg supplements' with pics and descriptions. a heap of stuff in there on single leg variations that could be good until you made/bought a rack.

cheers.

Top Bottom