Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need a diet for lean muscle mass!

blackmamba

Hey guys im 18 years old, 170 lbs and 20% body fat. Iv been working out for about a year now and have done nothing but bulk. Iv gained 30 lbs with protein, size on and lots of chicken breast. Now i want to get CUTS and dont know what diet to take. Can some one please give me some advice on what a regular day would look like and how many calories im trying to aim for? :confused:

My goal is to get a hard stomach, cut up arms and chest. At the moment my arms and chest are big and medium hard. Thanks in advance.:)

***Use the following equation to calculate your Basal Metabolic Rate***

Men: BMR = 66 + (13.7 X wt in kg) + (5 X ht in cm) - (6.8 X age in yrs)
Women: BMR = 655 + (9.6 X wt in kg) + (1.8 X ht in cm) - (4.7 X age in yrs)

The BMR is the number of calories your body burns in a given day (unless you are overweight or extremely muscular).

Your BMR multiplied by your activity factor should give you a good estimate for how many calories daily your body will need, this number is called your Total Daily Energy Expenditure or TDEE, use the Activity Factors listed below for calculations:

Activity Factor
BMR x 1.2 (little to no exercise, desk job)
BMR x 1.375 (gym 1-3 days/wk)
BMR x 1.55 (gym 3-5 days/wk)
BMR x 1.725 (gym 6-7 days/wek)
BMR x 1.9 (gym 7 days/wk; twice daily; extreme training)

So now we have your BMR X Activity Factor = TDEE

Lean Protein with every meal.

Green veggies with every meal.

Only drink 0 calorie beverages. Water and green tea.

Eat your fats. Fish oil, nuts(almonds and walnuts FTW), avocados, ANPB

Only eat starchy carbs (oats, rice, bread) at breakfast and PWO.

Do not eat anything that comes in a box or that doesn't spoil.

Make sure at least 60% of your daily protein is coming from meat and eggs.

Basing your whole diet around these few points will take you far. If you want to get leaner replace all your starchy carbs throughout the day with green veggies and healthy fats. Just this change in macros is usually enough to get you leaner while preserving lean mass. Do not do anything drastic. Starvation and excess cardio is not the key.

i wouldnt get cought up in the formulas. Its like starting over. if you have been successfully growing muscle and mantaining a somewhat steady bf then you should be able to slowly take away cals and add cardio with the diet and training that you already know works for you. why take chances of big muscle loss?

Top Bottom