Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Natural Muscle Building . . in women!

wlmcrae

Hi Tat (or anyone else!),

Do you have any good detailed articles on natural muscle building for women (or men, that apply)?

Anything specific you were interested in?

It is a huge topic, and really, a lot of the same things apply to natural and assisted BBers. Just slightly different techniques for somethings like dehydration, shorter carb load period before a comp, and I think dieting with carbs is more prevalent with natties.

I'm not really interested in comp - more in functional strength and in 'looking good' for me. I'd like to start bulk/cut cycles, but I'm not sure if there's info out there on the differences women have when they build muscle - slower? plateaus? etc.

It really has a lot to do with genetic and biochemical/physiological individuality.

Some people can just pack on muscle quite easily, some are 'hardgainers'.

I do find the concepts of ectomorph, mesomorph and endomorph useful.

Women can train in exactly the same way men do.

Small differences between natural and assisted, naturals may need more time to recover than someone on cycle.

I am not that keen on the terms of 'bulking/cutting'. In general you have to put on some fat to put on muscle, but far too many people think of it as being able to eat as much and whatever they want.

The whole bulking/cutting concept can really open the door to yo-yo dieting, which we all know is not the best practice.

I think that calculating calories for maintainance, see if you make gains, and then adding 10-20% a week until you do start putting on muscle, is a much better idea.

Getting too chubby from 'bulking' can really set up a difficult dieting situation.

There is evidence that staying at a fairly low bodyfat percentage (around 17% for women, 12% for men) results in better nutrient partitioning.

Nutrient partitioning means that the insulin response from eating will be more likely to store nutrients as glycogen in muscle, or put amino acids in muscle, rather than store nutrients as fat.

Well, I like the idea of not bulking/cutting! Now, I'll just get to 17% ish and start the muscle building. Thank you!

Top Bottom