Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

my unusual meeting with a salesman today.

blueta2 said:
Stilleto, I'm a buyer, I know how ya feel. I have sales guys kissing my butt all the time. And they always want to go out for drinks. They think if they get me tipsy, I'll buy their stuff. In reality, they have to give me gift cards, then I think about it ;-)

OH. i didn't know it was a normal thing to do. I do have some salesman that tries to give me gift cards all the time. i take them, but i'm not the one who would use his services so i just let him go to voicemail when he calls. :)

stilleto said:
OH. i didn't know it was a normal thing to do. I do have some salesman that tries to give me gift cards all the time. i take them, but i'm not the one who would use his services so i just let him go to voicemail when he calls. :)

What are u selling that they want? They come to see you for biz?
I've never had a salesperson try to "buy" me. Well not in an obvious way anway.
Most just want to take u to lunch and talk your ear off about their products or their shitty marriages (seriously)

blueta2 said:
What are u selling that they want? They come to see you for biz?
I've never had a salesperson try to "buy" me. Well not in an obvious way anway.
Most just want to take u to lunch and talk your ear off about their products or their shitty marriages (seriously)

Dang... these people are in sales?

That's lame right there. Talk to your friends about your shitty marriage - not your clients.

Maybe he wanted to get beer googles so you'd look halfway decent.

stilleto said:
I had to meet with a printing company today. The guy drove for like, 8 hours or something to meet me.

him: "hi stilleto, it's nice to meet you!"
me: "it's nice to meet you too, salesman."
we shake hands. he holds my hand a few seconds longer than he should and stares at me.
him: "what are you thinking right now?"

?? i fucking HATE that question, because the truth is that if i wanted someone to know what I was thinking, i'd say it.

me: I'm thinking we should go to the conference room so you can tell me about your company.

him: how about we go out for a drink and talk about it?

he works for a large printing company. I thought he'd have samples and pictures and other catalogs to show me.

me: I'll have coffee and soda brought in to the conference room.

him: ha ha ha... doesn't a beer sound better?

me: beer? I don't drink during work (bullshit). we'll go to the conference room.

we go and talk about printing. when i went to ask him a question, he said, "don't speak until i'm done, ok?"

i felt like i was having a battle of control. one that i can only win, since I decide who gets our account. :)
You should have told him to cut the sexist bullshit because, whether he likes it or not, you decide who gets the account.

I would have also informed him exactly why I wasn't choosing him. I hate that shit.

heatherrae said:
You should have told him to cut the sexist bullshit because, whether he likes it or not, you decide who gets the account.

I would have also informed him exactly why I wasn't choosing him. I hate that shit.

i'm not really confrontational so its not like me to say anything. I told him today that we've gone with someone else, but i wouldn't tell him why. :)

jh1 said:
Dang... these people are in sales?

That's lame right there. Talk to your friends about your shitty marriage - not your clients.

They talk to me about it. I don't offer up the conversation. Jeez, what do u think I am here!

Top Bottom