Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My First Shirt from Karins arrived today

Well I tried my shirt again for the second time on Thursdays ME Bench day.. I hit 3 Board Presses up to 405x1 without shirt first...Then I shirted up just to see what I could make touch...Well I loaded 485 first....Well It was if I hti a brick wall 8 inches off my chest...I pulled on it to see if I could get it any further, but all that did was cause it to dump back towards my face.... Well after my workout I called Karins, told her the situation and all the specifics...She went over each measurement in detail to try and find where the problem is...Well it turns out that when my workout partner was taking my measurements, he goofed on on...Since the chest circumference is taken at the nipple line he also too the chest width measurement at the nipple line...When actually it should have been taken half way between the nipple line and my collar bone from arm pit to arm pit...Well on me this turns out to be almost a 6 inch difference in the measurement...So she laughingly told me that I would be very lucky to get anything under 700 to touch...Wow, talking about jumping the gun on my progress here LOL....I was only wanting to get 470-480 to touch....

Oh well, so back it goes for alterations, giving the nasty cuts n bruises from the shirt time to heal....

Well I know what you guys are talking about. But I think if your stroke is that long you really need to work on it. I'm 6'5" tall with long arms for my heighth. Here's what I did to work on it. I went thumbless for one, and now my thumbs touch the line. Then I really pinch my back together, now together instead of up into traps thanks to VDizenzo. It makes a world of difference. I now move the bar probably 10 or so inches compared to closer to 20. It will really cut your stroke down. I'm gonna be getting a Karins shirt soon and will hopefully be able to use it good. Later

bigokie. VDizenzo also gave me the same advise on pulling my shoulder blades together instead of into my trap...I tried this on Thursdays ME 3 Board Presses, but I really had a hard time with it...Even just sitting here trying to do it seems difficult to squeeze them together without going up into my traps... And when I do I feel like I'm in a weaker position...Guess its just because its different...But I can tell that it shortens my stroke....

One thing bigokie... What kind of difference did you notice form going to a thumbless grip? Easier to tuck elbows? Shorter stroke? Or what?

Top Bottom