Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My favorite bicep routine

WalkingBeast

Elite Dementor
Platinum
Just wanted to share a routine with you guys, that gives my biceps a nice beating. Really its just a drop set that can be added to a routine or made into an entire routine just in itself. Sometimes I repeat this 5-set drop set 3 times in the same workout. The weight can be adjusted for different strength levels, but here what I did today. Also I did numerous other bicep exercises and a second drop set.

Load up 5 dimes (ten pound plates) onto each side of the E-Z curl bar. And using the preacher bench rep out the 5 dimes til complete failure with no assistance, aside from a spot to help you strip the plates immediately. Then as soon as you fail, strip off one plate from each side, repeat til complete failure, Keep stripping the plates in this fashion until you reach one plate on each side. Do that til failure. Be sure to take each little set to complete failure. Personally Id go heavier, but can only fit 5 10's on each side of the E-Z curl bar, regardless this still gives me a massive burn and pump. Heres what I did on the first drop set:

120lbs for 15 reps
100lbs for 12 reps
80lbs for 10 reps
60lbs for 8 reps
40lbs for 10 reps
NO REST BETWEEN SETS!

After a while youll like the pain I love it Let me know how it works out for all who decide to try it

:D

louden_swain said:
Oh yes!!!

Thats a one way ticket to barfing. . . an excellent shock routine.

haha ThanX Louden!! These days the only way I puke is with leg training! But Im sure if I did deadlifts with zero rest , with some rows thrown in I might just puke! hahaha

WalkingBeast said:
120lbs for 15 reps
100lbs for 12 reps
80lbs for 10 reps
60lbs for 8 reps
40lbs for 10 reps
NO REST BETWEEN SETS!:D
You have some killer muscular endurance dude and no doubt you have broken the pain barrier with that drop set.

Re: Re: My favorite bicep routine

Dave949 said:

You have some killer muscular endurance dude and no doubt you have broken the pain barrier with that drop set.

ThanX Dave! I was able to repeat the same drop set about 4-5 mins later, at close to the same strength. Maybe it has something to do with the 6 hour training sessions I used to do for the first 4-5 years of my lifting haha. I feel it though. My arms are numb for a little while after one of those! :D

Re: Re: Re: My favorite bicep routine

WalkingBeast said:
ThanX Dave! I was able to repeat the same drop set about 4-5 mins later, at close to the same strength.
Thats what I`m amazed about Beast. I mean after doing the first set with 120 for 15 reps you were able to maintain 10 or 12 reps after stripping 20 lbs. off the bar as well as doing pretty high reps for the other 4 desc. sets. I know that is one PAINFUL mofo set and to do two more desc sets 4/5 mins. after that is text book "maximum effort"..............

You get karma bro :)

Last edited:
Re: Re: Re: Re: My favorite bicep routine

Dave949 said:

Thats what I`m amazed about Beast. I mean after doing the first set with 120 for 15 reps you were able to maintain 10 or 12 reps after stripping 20 lbs. off the bar as well as doing pretty high reps for the other 4 desc. sets. I know that is one painful mofo set and to do two more desc sets right after that well.......shit howdy...you get karma bro :)

ThanX Dave!! I appreciate the enouragement! It means alot. Now if I can only start the set with 200lbs on a straight bar and strip it down! haha Thatd be nice! :D

Top Bottom