Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Muscular legs with...

musclefattie

I love squats to death but i was wondering is it possible to built decent muscular legs ( i know they won't be huge) with a combo of just sprinting and running? those olympic sprinters and also soccer players have some fairly decent size and cuts.

damn,that would take along time.trying to build thick legs with only running??i know what you mean though,it's like the gymnists.they all have thick legs.but i would have to stay with the squats,unless you are going to sprint with a backpack full of weights...hahahah
1skullcoolgif.gif
smiley1_.gif
talk is cheap

Hmm... Squat for 10 minutes once or twice a week or run and play soccer 2-3 hours a day everyday for the next 5 years.

Which would you choose?

I had a teacher who had massive legs and did not work out.

But then again he ran across the United States twice, and Roller Skated across the United States once.

I think working out would be the more realistic method :)

Cajun Bob

i agree with that,but those are people with the genetics to begin with.just like you see people with huge diamond calves that have never worked them in their life.unless you have the genetics to begin with ,better squat.
1skullcoolgif.gif

Agreed, Soccer players need POWER as well as speed and endurance.
We did plenty of Squats,Presses and stretching as well as runing for Soccer in HS, College....

Right on. Just like pro cyclists. Many of 'em have well developed wheels (the live ones) and although they're pushing all damn day with their quads & calves, I'd bet most still do a nice leg workout w/squats, presses, curls, etc.

Running will only get you cut. Yeah, you'll have nice muscle tone, but you ain't gonna get HUGE!

Sprinter's legs...?

When I was a very young lad I always admired and envied the well developed muscular legs on them, specially those massive, popped out hamstrings and calves, and the way they protuded through the pants.
I got fooled by the idea the only by running you'd get those kind of legs....big f....g mistake, dude!
Do NOT get fooled ! those marvelous runners' legs are the result of highly intensive weight training, complemented with the track's rigor sprints. If you ever watched a track meet, specially of the sprinters thru the middle distances, you'll know what I'm talking about. Not so in longer distances, such as the marathon where due to the type of training, you're pretty much forced to burn fat and muscle with it.
Hope that illustrates.....weight train those legs!
Corsaire Boarding party....AWAY!:)

Top Bottom