Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Multivitamins are crap

Status
Not open for further replies.
what's funny is that most of you don't realize your whey protein shakes are just as worthless as the multi's. Not only that, you take them immediately after your wkt which nerfs your gh response.

Okay, did ANYONE (besides me) actually go read the article Pdaddy linked? Second, if you read about the study that's being editorialized, they were looking for a link between decreased incidence of general death, decrease in heart incidents -- in people who had a known history of heart disease -- and a decrease in memory dysfunction, all from multivitamin use. Not, say, lower incidence of head colds or better recovery from minor injuries or logical shit like that. They actually went out to prove that multivitamins cannot decrease your risk of dying in general, reduce your chance of having more heart attacks if you've got heart disease already, or reduce your Alzheimers risk (gotta love the study participants selected for this one, BTW, nearly 6,000 men aged 65 and older were studied for 12 years). I love the final paragraph of the piece, it reads in part: "Other ... multivitamin and mineral supplements are ineffective for preventing mortality ..." Fuck me sideways, you mean a vitamin won't keep me from dying!!! You can read it here: Annals of Internal Medicine | Enough Is Enough: Stop Wasting Money on Vitamin and Mineral Supplements

They never mention the vitamins used but my money's on Centrum, One A Day and maybe those gummy things ...

/SOAPBOX: The thing about "just eat a healthy, balanced diet and you'll get all the nutrients you need". Most of our food is not local, it's being picked 1,000 or more miles away from us. For the food to survive shipping it generally has to be picked long before it hits ripe, which means long before it hits it's nutritional peak. I won't even go into the fact that soils have been stripped of their nutrients with the use of chemical fertilizers and fields that are over used, whatever. /SOAPBOX

I do believe the use of single nutrient vitamins and minerals has the potential for being dangerous, you could throw yourself out of balance very quickly unless you have a real deficiency or know what you're doing, but otherwise, unless you grow your own food or buy directly from someone who does, take a good multi, it's a cheap insurance policy and fuck the pharmaceutical industry. They want you to catch more colds so you go to your doctor asking for more antibiotics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom