Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Michelob Ultra, LOW Carb Beer

luto199

I was in the Lake of the Ozarks past couple days which has been selected as one of the test sites for a new beer, michelob ultra. This stuff has 2 carbs per beer and doesnt taste a whole lot different from a normal beer (I never had regular michelob). It starts to get a little funny tasting after a few, but not much different from going from 2% to slim milk. Anyway, if you drink alot and want to be in shape this shits for you.

sounds awesome, im trying to avoid drinking at all, all together. Now it seems i might be able to have the ocassional beer.

It has I beleive 2.8 or 2.9 carbs per beer. You could drink that or you could just stick to Miller Light w/ 3.3 carbs (like me :) ) and not look like a weirdo drinking low-carb beer. Even bud light/amstel/coors only have btwn 5 and 6 carbs per beer. Carbs were never really the problem with light beer. It is the excess calories from alcohol that does the damage.

Yes I too have heard of this beer! I still wouldnt bother but Its good to know One has an option.

My choice is Vodka and Ice If I have a drink (which I havent in almost a year, but Finnish Tradition leads to this occasionally)

Just curious...Are there any other angry drunks on EF? I get very Angry/Violent/Destructive when I drink thats why I had to stop. Is it just another symptom of "A" type male syndrome er what?

Here's what I found on Carbs and Alchohol. Excluding what we now know of Michelobs new LC brew.

- Your best bet is to drink hard liquor: whiskey, vodka, gin, scotch, tequila and other distilled spirits have NO carbohydrates.

- Make sure any mixers you use are carbohydrate-free. Use diet tonic, seltzer, etc. Some people use Crystal Lite as a mixer too.

- Except for Extra Brut, all champagne has carbohydrates; the number varies, based on how dry it is; the 'sugar' scale works it's way up as follows:
.... Extra Brut Champagne
.... Brut (dry)
.... Extra Dry (some sweetness)
.... Sec (slightly sweet)
.... Demi-Sec (sweet)
.... Sec (VERY sweet)
The most popular champagne is Extra dry, which has probably about 1.2 carb per ounce, or 5 per 4 oz. glass... Not to mention Italian Spumante and German Sekts. American Sparklers are usually made along the same guideline.

- Dry wine is fairly low in carbs. Red wine is 1.2carbs/oz; white wine is 2carbs/oz. Avoid all sweet wines, however. The sweeter the wine, the higher the carbs. Actual counts will vary by type and brand.

- As for beer, there are some "lite" beers that are fairly low in carbs. However, the carb range on beer is wide, so always check before chugging!
.... 12 oz regular beer = 10 - 13 carbs
.... 12 oz light beer = 2 - 8 carbs; the lowest are: Pearl Light & Pabst Extra Light @ 1.75carbs/12 oz; Miller Lite @ 3.2carbs/12 oz., and Milwaukee's Best Light beer @ 3.5carbs/12 oz.
.... 12 oz ales & dark beers = 14 - 22 carbs
Here's a carb chart for alcoholic beverages:
http://www.ncenter.com/carbcharts/beverages_chart.html

I also found this, sort of helpful.......

Can alcohol ever fit into the recovery diet? According to Australian sports nutritionist Louise Burke, Ph.D., the answer varies. Burke researched the effect of alcohol (vodka) on glycogen replacement. She compared three recovery diets: carbohydrates only, vodka only, or carbs plus vodka. The bottom line: alcohol itself does not convert into glycogen, so it is a poor choice for a recovery fluid. But alcohol itself does not impair glycogen storage, as long as adequate carbohydrates are available. Burke stressed the importance of eating while drinking. Athletes who fail to consume enough carbs while drinking alcohol, plus fail to get up for breakfast the next morning have two strikes against them. Add alcohol's diuretic effect and you've done yourself in for the day!

Top Bottom