Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Michael Phelps and his 10,000 calorie diet.

well....
maybe he has some really really really good genetics
plus are you sure he swims five hours a day and not even more than that.
anyways hes a beast
i can't even swim laps for more than an hour without getting dizzy

If you're skeptical, I suggest you guys try swimming if you haven't. You burn so many calories when you swim. I have swam a lot and now my main swimming activity is on a surf board which still burns tons of calories.

I'm not talking about trying one session in the pool, but try making it your lifestyle for a few weeks and see how many calories you take in or feel like you could take in :p If I don't consume a lot more calories based on what my BMR says I should I will lose strength/endurance/muscle in no time.

When I'm finished with a session, I could eat an entire cow and a loaf of bread if I wanted.

What I don't understand is how much Phelps must be shitting.

When I'm eating 4K+, I seem to have go to the toilet 5-6 times per day. I can't imagine what 10K would be like

Sim882 said:
What I don't understand is how much Phelps must be shitting.

When I'm eating 4K+, I seem to have go to the toilet 5-6 times per day. I can't imagine what 10K would be like

he probably isn't eating much more quantity wise. think how little food it takes to get 10k when you're eating pizza, choc. chip pancakes, etc. than when you're eating a clean diet. almost all his cals are carbs too

mwm5 said:
he probably isn't eating much more quantity wise. think how little food it takes to get 10k when you're eating pizza, choc. chip pancakes, etc. than when you're eating a clean diet. almost all his cals are carbs too

Yeah, and its probably not much fiber wise. I'm only doing right at 3,000 (maintenance) a day now but with the amount of flaxmeal and oatmeal i'm consuming, that's several trips to the can!

Iggy- said:
well....
maybe he has some really really really good genetics

yeah, i know a dude who is 6'5" 140lbs, eats like a pig (prob not 10k calories) and doesnt even work out or exercize. he cant gain weight and looks like the poster child for the "feed the hungry" ethiopian kids. if i even look at a candy bar, i gain 5 lbs.

mwm5 said:

Yeah, and i think he only eats like 3 - 4 meals a day. An article I read had an interview where he gave his typical daily diet and he only listed breakfast, lunch, dinner, but they were all equivalent to a buffet binge.

Fuck Swimming. I can just see Dorian Yates, or Ronnie, or Arnold
doing the The Butterfly... :rolleyes: WE ARE WEIGHT LIFTERS. :)

Top Bottom