Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Michael Phelps and his 10,000 calorie diet.

skinsfan

Can anyone explain how this could even be possible. He says his trainers make him eat anywhere from 8 to 10,000 calories everyday. And on top of that he eats anything he wants too, it's crazy.

They listed an example of his breakfast and it is absolutely nuts. He is scarfing down like three fried egg sandwiches with lettuce,tomato, and mayonnaise. Then an omelette, a bowl of grits, and he washes it all down with a stack of chocolate chip pancakes.

He says he still can't break 200 lbs!!

swimming burns lots of cals

Don't forget the rest. This guy eats, swims, and rests.

The amount of energy he expends training would easily encompass 10,000 calories. The food and the rest enable him to continue this insane lifestyle. That and some pretty good genetics :)

I just read yesterday that he suffered badly from ADD/Hyperactivity as a kid and he started swimming as an outlet for his endless energy.

Talk about turning a negative into a positive.

I doubt other swimmers eat this much.

Running 10 miles burns about 1000cals, so running 50 miles burns about 5000cals.

Now, even if his BRM was 3000, if you ran 50 miles that would mean ur burn 8000 cals per day (I realise there is post metabolic effects and stuff like that, but I also haven't facted in he'd burn 120 cals at rest at that BMR asleep).

I'm doubting his exercise intensity for those 5 hours compares to running 10 miles per hour.

Most endurance athletes consume like 5-6000 cals, I'd say I expect the other swimmers to be somewhere in this range if not below

the_alcatraz said:
how tall is he?

6'4 and 88kg, so assuming he's about 7% body fat, his BMR per Katch McArble
BMR = 370 + (21.6 X lean mass in kg)= 2137.744

Obviously his metabolism is in fact much higher

I call bullshit. When I used to wrestle for 4 hours a day and run and hour and a halfin the morning, I didnt even consume over 5000 calories and didnt burn that much....

wtf?

If he's 6'4'' you gotta take into consideration bone density and body composition....no way he consumes 10,000 calories a day and he's only 88kgs...thats damn rediculous.

Top Bottom